CrazyBoards.org

Wellness Journey

Hello all,

I found CrazyBoards a few weeks ago, but actually just logged in this morning. I was googling wellness forums or somesuch, interested in connecting with others also interested in using a whole-person approach to gaining and regaining mental and physical health and recovery.

Couldn't find any anywhere else that didn't look cheesy, or didn't look like they'd freak out if I mentioned hallucinations, so I'm here instead. Is this a good place to post about this? Or is there a better forum?

Welcome Gumby!  THis place, let me tell you about this place.  Hang around long enough and you will see just about everyone go through at least one, busting into flames, brake down, it might even happen to you.  But if there is one safe place on the internet for that, Its this site.  Around here, unlike the rest of the internet, having troubles gets you attention and support not a target painted on you. 

Also you will find a deep reservoir of experience, understanding, and not a little knowledge.  Even though half the posts may begin with some variation of, "I'm not a doctor, contact your healthcare professional," you will find a lot of dead on advice.  

Hope you like it around here,

Good luck.

Hello all,

I found CrazyBoards a few weeks ago, but actually just logged in this morning. I was googling wellness forums or somesuch, interested in connecting with others also interested in using a whole-person approach to gaining and regaining mental and physical health and recovery.

Couldn't find any anywhere else that didn't look cheesy, or didn't look like they'd freak out if I mentioned hallucinations, so I'm here instead. Is this a good place to post about this? Or is there a better forum?

If you mean is this the right forum on this board, I am not 100% sure which board this should be on, but a moderator will move it to another forum if they think the thread will be better on another part of the board.

You can mention any level hallucination you need. You will find people have had some interesting hallucinations. I've had some very, very minor hallucinations myself. You can even come here and ask if something you are experiencing is real, or the illness, in case you need a reality check.

You shouldn't feel like if you feel bad, you can't post. That is when you SHOULD post. If you are suicidal, we will listen to you about that, too. Although I hope you aren't.

Chat overwhelms me, but if you are having a hard time, you can go to chat for support any time you need to. There is really someone there pretty much 24/7. A lot of mods use chat a lot, too.

Hey Gumby.  I'm a mod and I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to the introductions forum because they're a lot better at guiding new users than I am ;)  But you can absolutely post where-ever you think your symptoms or topic fits; if you want to talk about hallucinations you may want to post in schizophrenia, if you're having med related troubles side effects, and so on.  Medical, nutritional and lifestyle alternatives may be a board you post on often as you're journeying towards holistic wellness, as may be Spirituality or Academic Interests.  Mods don't mind moving threads, trust me, we do a lot of it :P