CrazyBoards.org

I've been suffering from hallucinations in which my brain feels like it's being wrung out like a sponge or dishtowel.  I brought it up with my pdoc, and lo and behold, he said that isn't possible because the brain has no feeling.

As if I don't feel marginalized enough.  I feel like he doesn't believe me at all.

What do you all think?

Well, it is impossible to feel your brain because of the lack of sensory nerve endings. However, I've met people who hallucinated feeling in entirely imagined body parts. So it is entirely impossible that you can hallucinate feeling in your brain. So yea.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think it's phantom feeling/pain. If it hurts really bad it may be a migraine headache. You didn't make it sound like it was extremely painful, so I would lean towards it being a hallucination of some type.

Phantom pain sensations are described as perceptions that an individual experiences relating to a limb or an organ that is not physically part of the body. Limb loss is a result of either removal by amputation or congenital limb deficiency.