CrazyBoards.org

grandiosity

Can grandiose thoughts and feelings be as mild as feeling like you have the smarts or motivation to change the world by becoming a doctor or someone in power?

I noticed since coming off all my meds a month or so ago, these thoughts and feelings have slowly been returning... they are pretty sporadic. I noticed I feel this more when I am driving in my car and listening to music, as if the music is speaking to me in a way and empowering me to change the world. It makes me feel really powerful and like I can do anything. When I do a reality check, I know I can't do any of that stuff that pops up in my head. As quickly as these thoughts and feelings come on, they can disappear as well and I feel like a completely demotivated piece of poo full of self-hatred. It feels like an endless cycle and it is really taxing on what little energy reserves I do have. 

something similar happens to me sometimes when i'm listening to music it looks like i will burst out of my skin with grandiose ideas and energy although i don't think that's serious, just a type of temperament

Hi; I'm just wondering why you are off all meds.  

It must be difficult for you to go through the cycles of thinking you can do great things and then feeling super down on yourself.    As you said, it's draining your energy which is understandable. 

when psychotic I used to get "messages"from music,TV and newspapers.

I was the centre of the universe and all the headlines where really about me.

only I could interpret the music too,cuz I knew.

well,I just tried to go off some meds and it was hell to pay.

no psychosis,but anxiety galore and depression.

I"m just a crazyperson who from now will take my goddamn meds.

so yeah,I relate.

when psychotic I used to get "messages"from music,TV and newspapers.

I was the centre of the universe and all the headlines where really about me.

only I could interpret the music too,cuz I knew.

Me too ... I could have written this.  Music tended to empower me, and the louder it got, the more I thought I was the center and in control of the universe.

I get a kind of euphoria when i listen to music when i am manic. The last time that i was manic I obsessed over the song "Rocky Racoon" by the Beatles. I made an amazing mix that I still listen to now-usually when i want to pep up. I don't have the same feelings as when i made the mix but it still feels good to listen to it.

"The last time that i was manic I obsessed over the song "Rocky Racoon" by the Beatles. I made an amazing mix that I still listen to now-usually when i want to pep up. I don't have the same feelings as when i made the mix but it still feels good to listen to it."

I commend you for your choice of a song to obsess over. Rocky Raccoon is awesome.

But I know it isn't pleasant when the obsession is actually going on. But at least you have good taste even then. :)

For me feelings like that are a sign that I'm becoming hypomanic, and it usually escalates - but yes, driving in my car with the music turned up makes them even more prominent. When I'm more stable I still generally feel pretty good about myself but I'm far more realistic about what I'm actually capable of.

For me feelings like that are a sign that I'm becoming hypomanic, and it usually escalates - but yes, driving in my car with the music turned up makes them even more prominent. When I'm more stable I still generally feel pretty good about myself but I'm far more realistic about what I'm actually capable of.

For me, what werehorse said, but add being in the shower to driving.