CrazyBoards.org

dont care to meet people anymore

Withdrawing from normal social circles is very common among folks here who suffer from all kinds of diagnoses, and for different reasons.  Some with social phobia simply can't bring themselves to be social; many of us on the autism spectrum would like to be more social but don't know how (and have extreme difficulty learning); some are agoraphobic and the fear associated with leaving the house is too overpowering; some are so crushed under the weight of depression that they can't muster the spirit to go out - the examples are many, and even for those who don't have a specific problem that affects being social, the stigma and lack of understanding from others can often be a big deterrent to trying for face time with other humans.

The trouble is, we need that face time, and withdrawing from the people around you also means withdrawing from your circles of support, or potential support.  I understand exactly where you're coming from, because I've found myself closing myself off more and more lately, and I can already see the impact it's having.  I would encourage you to try, even though it's hard, to maintain your contacts and relationships, and try to get outside your four walls even if it's only for a short time.  The more you can continue to function at a higher level, the better you'll feel in the long run.

You can certainly be social here - welcome to Crazyboards!

• 1 month later...