CrazyBoards.org

What happens if you a miss a dose or 2 or your antipsychotic?

Probably depends on the person. I found I suffer withdrawl syptoms from some antipsychotics but no psychosis. If you missed a couple of doses and felt fine then you are probably ok to have that happen once in a while. Just my opinion though, I'm not a pdoc.

If I miss a dose of Invega, I can tell a difference the next day. It doesn't completely destabilize me or send me into psychosis, but I do feel more anxious and just generally like an emotional wreck. 

If I am even three hours late with my Seroquel I experience some symptoms - anxiety, inner agitation.

If you miss two or three doses your blood level of the med will decrease and you could have some symptoms.

Consistency is important with medication, especially psych meds.

Do tell your doc if you miss/skip doses.  You may not feel much (or maybe you will).  But if your doc notices and is unaware of the missed/skip doses, the doc may increase your dosage unnecessarily, or add another med.

I did miss a morning dose and possibly the morning before that, too. But I took all of my night doses. Anyway, I freaked out on my husband yesterday, sure that he was cheating on me, when he's never given me any reason to think he would. I think this is something to blog about maybe.

Geodon has a very short half life, so I noticed when I missed or decreased a dose pretty quickly. I think the other posters are right that it depends on the drug, though...when I accidentally missed a dose of Zyprexa, I was absolutely fine.

I find that I can go a few days without certain meds, but with Seroquel, if I don't take it, I don't sleep. Bloody annoying if I remember to take it too late (it takes ages to kick in, so if I remember too late into the night, it's not worth taking cos I'll sleep in the next day)

I tend to forget meds, and I find that I can go 1 day without meds and then after that there's issues, EXCEPT when I would forget my depakote and THAT was a big no no...I would go from a normal sweet human being, to monster crazy bitch in 2 seconds...not a pretty sight