CrazyBoards.org

For those on or starting medication, here is a documentary you may appreciate.

Im currenly watching "Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging" on YouTube. I've never taken medication for my past mental disorders and never thought it was the solution. For those considering drugs, or recently prescribed drugs from your psychiatrist, I think this may serve as an eye opener. 

Edited by chem
link removal

Psych meds saved my life. Without them, I would have been dead years ago. Just because you, personally, have made it without medication, doesn't mean everyone can. I think the attitude that meds are some kind of ineffective evil scheme cooked up by drug companies is dangerous. And bragging about how you never needed meds on a pro-med forum wherein the majority of members take meds is kind of... tacky. Just saying.

This is a pro-medication site, I don't think any kind of anti-psychiatry will be hold in much regard here.

Good for you that you were able to cope with your mental illness without meds, but don't expect or pretend that other people should follow your way because that can be quite dangerous.

In my case, I have much to owe to medication. I was almost bats**t crazy without them, with constant ruminations, anxiety and paranoia. And yes, I've tried MANY things (meditation, therapy, gym, you named it) before that and it was not enough. What made the difference between being an unemployable wreck and what I am currently now, with problems but at least with a "life", was the right med cocktail.

Im not bragging, people need to know that its possible. There needs to be a belief you can do it without medication, and you could have lived without them. Everyone can, it is your belief that they can't that is dangerous my friend...don't you see that?

Its easy for you to say that they saved your life because youve been on them and have believed in them. I believed in the power of myself and of nature, and therefore its easy for me to say that staying off them saved my life. Meds are an evil scheme, that really cannot be denied...even if they do help symptoms from time to time, they are more dangerous than the disease itself. 

Look, everyone relax. This video is for people who want to keep an open mind, not for anyone who is dead set on the power of medication. I didn't ask to change anyone's mind. I'm glad they saved your life, but Im sure there are people who visit this site and don't like the idea of medication, which was me about 2 years ago, so be fair to them. 

I am watching the video now. A few things that strike me, are that I didn't need to be convinced that I was ill - I knew it already! I am in terrible shape without my meds. And I hardly think that my meds control every aspect of human emotion and will to act--I wouldn't struggle and need therapy if that were true.

The video does have nice and scary music though.

The typical example: if you have diabetes, you must take insulin regularly, otherwise you are as good as dead. Does that means that insulin is "evil"? What is the difference between that and psychiatric medication in that regard?

You should be very careful when posting in a psychiatry forum, people without the right med can be suicidal and inducing that type of behaviour borderlines with irresponsibility.

You have an agenda when you come into a forum that is pro medicine and therapy. You are dangerous in your ignorance

Many people here supplement their medication with other forms of treatment. I assume you did not look at the board long enough to see that this is the case.

There are many places to be anti Meds and place scary places

Why don't you go there?

I have locked this topic due to its controversial nature, and it is also outside the rules of acceptable things to post here due to the use of scare tactics in the video.

If your agenda is to get people to not take meds and try to cure themselves of a mental illness under their own willpower, you have come to the wrong site. 

Edited by chem
wording and grammar

You obviously have an agenda or else you wouldn't be posting this shit on a pro-psychiatry board.

If people come here and want to talk about anti-psychiatry and anti-meds stuff, they can suck it up and leave. This is not the place for you. 

I am locking this topic. 

Edited by Parapluie
Chem beat me to it!