Facebook linking

I was reading somebody's blog post, and accidentally "liked" it via Facebook. I'm confident it's not this site, as I don't have FB linked here. I use my phone to login here, if that matters. I don't want to accidentally be broadcasting other people's business on my FB account. That is uncool. Will removing the FB phone link take care of things like this? It's mondo obnoxious.

EDIT: I should add that I don't have the Facebook app installed, nor do I have the email account for my Facebook synced with my phone.

Edited by Mim

Arggh!  I don't have the answer, Mim, but linking to Facebook freaks me out (not just this site, but almost ANY site I visit or "like").  

What bothers me is when I am searching for a movie (for example) and suddenly a couple little faces pop up to tell me my Facebook friends have "liked" the movie.

I'll be awaiting an answer so that I don't accidentally do this either.     

EDIT deleted!

Oops! Scratch that lol.

It still could be the fact you logged into Facebook on your phone and did not sign out, thus creating a browsing history & connecting the accounts automatically. However if you do not log into Facebook on your phone at all, then I honestly will say I have no idea. It could be a CB error but the simplest answers with technology are usually the most common.

Edited by Gibson

I logged out and cleared my history and cookies, and it didn't work.

I did some looking, and I think Facebook's cookie tracking is the problem I'm facing. On a laptop or desktop, I could use DNT or Ghostery and either of them would probably solve the issue, but I haven't found the right add on to give me that coverage on Android without shutting off my access to sites that need cookies.

Alternatively, I could be barking up the entirely wrong tree. :P This is uncharted territory for me.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure either lol. I tend to view technology a little differently than the average fellow 25 year old. I actually made quite an interesting observation this week. Basically, even with how fast & advanced technology is developing, it seems that our basic human instinct is to hit it with a stick. LMAO, yeah "problem shooting" is generally what we do first. But after that it just comes naturally to get angry and beat the shit out of *whatever* laptop/desktop/tablet/phone/mp3 player we are trying to deal with.

I found a workable solution!

I downloaded Firefox's mobile browser, which offers the option to "tell websites I don't want to be tracked" in the security options.