Follow up on my boss from hell post....

So I posted before about not wanting to go to our company outing...It's on a boat, people do drugs including the owner--then go downtown drink/drug more and then drive home at some shit hour of the morning....

Anways, Wooster gave me some **super!!** advice about letting my Pdr be the bad guy in saying I can't go...So I emailed HR a couple of weeks ago when she sent out the last-call email.  I told her I wasn't going to be able to attend because I needed sufficient time away for self-care in accordance with instrucitions from my Pdr...and I said something about if you would like I can have her send some info detailing my condition and treatment plan. HR was fine with it--Obviously she saw the email as my way of covering my ass by revealing that I'm being 'treated' and have doctor support in my non-attendance of the coke-fest... She was definitely fine with my email and whatnot....It's not like everyone here doesn't know I see a shrink and am on meds....most of the women here are as well and we're all pretty up-front about it.lol

I figured everything was fine and if they fired me over this, I'd have grounds to sue...but everybody has been very cool which I"m happy for--I didn't want to make a big deal--I just can't do these things, I have MI, leave me alone....

But today before the boss leaves he makes this big scene in front of everyone about how I never go to stuff and blah blah blah...totally like he didn't get the entire store from HR which I'm sure he did... Anyways he goes blabbering on about how I haven't gone to anything since I got together with my H and he's ruined my life blah blah blah--these things I know...I don't need him to reiterate it all to me...

So on the one hand I'm mortified that he said all this in front of people who know I have MI, and all think he's a jerk for making it about H--but on the other hand I'm glad he doesn't understand MI and pins it all on my H...It's kinda easier than having to explain to him I'm batshit crazy and can't be on a drug boat all night coking it up.  Anways, that's how that went... I was fully prepared to have to pack my shit and be outta here today (I'm taking my tea kettle too since I brought it!!LOL)...I even had my box ready.... But all is fine here.  And I'm thinking by his little outburst, when I am ready to get H out of my life, I might have more support from my boss.

I'm still going to be holding my breath to see if I have a job on Monday though....You never know around here.....

hostile work environment

hostile work environment

hostile work environment

You know, It might be a good idea to talk with an Attorney who specializes in employment law......just in case.

Some security in your back pocket for when this idiot totally steps over the line.  Well, actually, he has totally

stepped over the line already. 

Glad you are taking care of yourself.  And this COKE filled boat trip?  Does he think it is the 1980's?  idiot

If you quit, or even get fired, you can argue constructive dismissal. That is, the work place was made so unbearable, that reasonable people would agree that it would be impossible for them to work there, too. But do not take this action without speaking to an atty. who has practiced more recently than 20 years ago. I.e., not me.

Maybe retaliation, as well, but I don't know enough about the situation.

I'm definitely keeping my lawyers number on speed dial. There has been too much female-abuse in this place...he certainly doesn't try this crap with men...

I hope he's decent today because I'm pretty much fed up. I have an abusive boss, an abusive husband...I'm pretty much abused-out. The next man to demean me or mistreat me is going to get an earful!!