Hi. I'm a 19 year old student, and I was "officially" diagnosed with depression when I was 17. Due to past experiences, I found it extremely difficult to talk about my problems, so naturally it took a while, a near break down, several suicide attempts and a lot of courage before I went for help. Since then I've seen two counselors. The first one, after about 10 sessions, concluded that I was "better" but I left his office on that last session feeling almost exactly the same as when i walked in. He recommend that I see a counselor at my school if I ever needed it again. After that I was a little reluctant to go to another counselor, and more problems in my life began, and when I was nearly at an all time low I went to see another counselor. The experience was absolutely horrible. By the end of it, I left feeling worse than I did before. Since then, things haven't gotten much better. I'm looking into some other options. I don't get much support at home, and I don't many friends, so any support or advice I can get would be very appreciated.

Welcome to CB, TheFallenAngel. I find our community to be very supportive and understanding. I hope you will too. 

I'm sorry that therapy has been so difficult for you. What other options are you looking into to treat your depression?

Just a note, we ask that all members read the User Agreement so that they know how we run around here.

Again, Welcome. :)

I'm sorry that you had such terrible experiences with councellors. Unfortunately, such things are not uncommon. A good one is worth their weight in gold, so I urge you to take the time and care to shop around as you're able. It may take six or seven tries, but that's okay.

Welcome to Crazyboards! Looking forward to seeing your posts around.