differences between ssris, snris and dnris

My shrink said that one isn't necessarily better than the other, snris are supposed to be stronger and are more for physical depression, but that doesn't mean it will work better.

I am wondering if anyone here has found ssris to actually work better than snris or dnris.

I ask because Zoloft doesn't really pep me up but helps my ocd so I am pushing for wellbutrin too as I sleep a lot and don't have much motivation, should I be excited to start a dnri?

What have your experiences been between the types of RIs

those ssri usually have some other working mechanisms, for example zoloft is also a weak dopamine reuptake inhibitor, so you get an additional mechanism with your antidepressant, especially at that 200mg dose.

SSRIs make me manic. Wellbutrin (SNRI) has worked well for me for over 20 years, but we suspect it is pooping out. I believe we will try another SNRI before moving on to other classes.

SSRIs have either done absolutely nothing or made me manic as hell. I'm currently on amitriptyline, which is a TCA, but is basically an SNRI with some other stuff thrown in unless I'm mistaken (which I could definitely be- correct me if I'm wrong). It's the only AD I've ever been on that has worked for me. And it works well.