Hello! I'm H., "Wintry Berry", and I've recently been discharged from a nuthouse. My section and CTO have expired, my meds have been changed (goodbye, Zyprexa, I shan't miss your narcolepsy and constant state of could-eat-a-horse), and I'm... um, ready to face the world? Maybe!

I grew up in an extremely isolated manner, living in a house from which no other house could be seen, with my single mother. I have a family history of nuttiness, too; but the isolation definitely didn't do wonders for my sanity. I started self-harming at about 6, and have had eating disorders since earliest infancy, I emerged an extremely impulsive, capricious, emotionally retarded, on occasion delusional wonk. I became a pariah in my first real school after having a succession of panic attacks, screaming tantrums, and mixtures of the two in class, and spent much of my early teens alone, hardening my computer's security obsessively in the belief that the gubbamint were after my hard-earned files. I didn't sleep, i didn't go out, I didn't eat; none of these things occurred to me. Eventually, after scaring one psychiatrist too many, I was packed off to the loony bin.

After a year very far from home — at 15, I was just under the nearest bin's age limit, so I found myself at the opposite end of the nation — I've finally been discharged. I'm here to relate to the experiences of others, help where I can, and hope that such a mess as the past years never happens to me again.

Welcome to CB, Wintry! I'm glad you found us! I'm also glad to hear you're on the path to recovery. :)

We ask that all new members read the User Agreement when they sign up, just so that you know how we do things around here. 

Again, welcome! So glad you're here, I hope you stick around!

Welcome Miss Berry! As an isolated child myself, I can understand a couple of aspects you went though. Granted, I was isolated because I started out a "disturbed" child & I have not had a long stint on a loony bin; but I can still see where you are coming from.

I think you will find some comfort here. & I hope you stick around.

Welcome Miss Berry! As an isolated child myself, I can understand a couple of aspects you went though. Granted, I was isolated because I started out a "disturbed" child & I have not had a long stint on a loony bin; but I can still see where you are coming from.

I think you will find some comfort here. & I hope you stick around.

I'm glad to meet somebody in the same boat - it's very nice to meet you! :)