New Crazy Here

Hi everyone.

I came across this board while researching Pristiq side effects last week. The information I got from reading the posts was by far the most helpfull to me of anything I read. So I figured I might as well give being a member a try.

I'll try not to go into to much detail, but here is a little bit about me:

I am a 26 year old special education teacher and a single mother to a wonferful little girl. I have always had issues with mild depression and anxiety, but I had never been on medication until earlier this week.

In the past I have always been able to deal with my depression myself by eating healthier, working out, meditation, yoga, ect. But at the begining of March my fiance and I found out we were expecting. We found out we had lost the baby when we went in for the first ultrasound.

Obviously that was a bad time, but I kept trying to remind myself that feeling bad after that was perfectly normal. Hormones go wako, you cry all the time but that is what I was supposed to be feeling.

Only I didn't stop feeling that way so I started seeing a therapist. So as of Friday I am now on Pristiq 50mg, seeing my therapist once a week and hoping to be feeling a lot more like me in the near future.

The first few days on the Pristiq have been pretty rough, but thanks to all of the helpful posts I browsed on this site before I started taking it, I knew what I was getting myself into.

It's good to be here and I look forward to getting to know you all : )

Welcome to Crazyboards.  I originally came here seeking information about a med for depression, so we have that much in common.  That was 8 years ago, and I never left! :)

I ask all new members to read the User Agreement---it prevents misunderstandings later on and gives you an idea of how we operate.

I'm glad you're here and I hope your antidepressant works well for you.

olga