Hi!

I'm a 45 y.o. woman and I was just diagnosed with Bipolar II about a month ago.  I've suffered from major depressive disorder all of my life but would always stop my meds once I was hypomanic.  I have a psychiatrist and am in the process of internalizing this diagnosis, finding a therapist, setting up a wellnes plan and finding the right meds.

Coming to terms with my diagnosis is my first step and it's been much more challenging than I thought it would be.  I'm going to really miss my hypomania.

This is a fantastic forum, glad to be here!

Welcome to Crazyboards!  I ask all new people to please read our rules---it avoids problems later on.

A diagnosis like yours can be a bit disconcerting, so I understand your need to be here and talk about it.  If you read posts in the Bipolar forum, I think you will meet lots of great people who have had similar experiences.  It's very helpful to be able to talk with someone who has gone through the same thing.  You'll also meet some people who miss their hypo periods, and I'm sure they'll have helpful advice for you.

Don't be afraid to contact a staff person if you have a question.  I'm glad you came here and I hope we can be a support system for you.

olga