Question about length of sessions and payment

So, I just started seeing a new therapist after not being in therapy for quite awhile. She's a licensed clinical social worker and her fee is $75. I was told she does hour long sessions. I've seen her twice now and both times she ended our session after about 30 minutes. I'm not sure why she's only talking to me for half an hour, I feel like since I'm paying for this myself (no insurance right now) I want to get my money's worth. I don't see her again until August 15th and I'm nervous about bringing this up. I don't really feel a connection with her so far but like I said, I've only seen her twice. She works in the same office as my pdoc, he reccomended her but I don't think he knows her personally. I don't mind seeing her for 30 minutes at a time but I feel like my fee should be reduced if I'm not going to see her for the full hour. I feel stupid because this is kind of bothering me right now. Any advice is appreciated.

Definitely bring it up! If you were told you get an hour, make sure you clear it up and get your hour! I see my tdoc for 45/50 minutes and her fee is $185/hr (about $23 after insurance though). You're paying for her services so make sure you are getting what you were told! Your time and money is just as important as hers.

Try not to be shy about bringing up the subject.  It's a valid concern.  Billing questions frequently arise when starting therapy with a new clinician.  Also, at the start of treatment you often sign paperwork related to office policies/pay agreement and privacy practices.  If you did, you can ask for a copy of the paperwork for your own reference.