I can't add stop losing weight.

WhiteFemale

Out of curiosity, is the ulcer a self-dx? There are medications that can treat it and make it go away.

Something that isn't often said is that restriction HURTS! When I was actively restricting the pain was so bad that I ended up being tested for acute liver failure. As well as ulcers.

I do not know but have you been taking your med's correctly? Or have you been worrying alot about stuff......Have you been tested for any STD's no offence I get tested all the time and I haven't had sex in a long time.....The reason I ask is my brother just told our family that he has AIDS and it is crushing......Anybody can get it.....Or maybe it's just thru the symptoms you posted.....Like I said I do not know but i hope everything turn's out normal and that you are just having a minor problem....I don't mean to scare you . I just know the hurt and pain.

Out of curiosity, is the ulcer a self-dx? There are medications that can treat it and make it go away.

Something that isn't often said is that restriction HURTS! When I was actively restricting the pain was so bad that I ended up being tested for acute liver failure. As well as ulcers.

it wasnt a self diagnosis but it wasn't properly confirmed yet either. I mever got results on my h. Pylori. And im setting up to have a gi scope. The doctor decided to treat it as an ulcer thiugh. Im now taking carafate. Prilosec and zantac. Im actually worried about my liver though.

I do not know but have you been taking your med's correctly? Or have you been worrying alot about stuff......Have you been tested for any STD's no offence I get tested all the time and I haven't had sex in a long time.....The reason I ask is my brother just told our family that he has AIDS and it is crushing......Anybody can get it.....Or maybe it's just thru the symptoms you posted.....Like I said I do not know but i hope everything turn's out normal and that you are just having a minor problem....I don't mean to scare you . I just know the hurt and pain.

ive been tested and im good. Im sorry to hearthat. :( thats sad.

Have you tried easy to eat things or drinks like Ensure or Boost I think are two of them?

I hope you start to feel better soon.

I literally cant afford food right now. I rely on what I get from the food dhelf. Or id totally get some things I could eat better. And unfortunately I can only go there once a month. My supply is mostly out. I just have a few odd canned things that you cant eat alone. Like tomato sauce which is bad for it anyways.

Anxiety made me lose alot of weight. I mean my normal weight was 160 but I was losing cuz the doc's wouldn't hear that I was hurting......I'm like over weight now which sucks badly.......And it's okay about my brother. I have a man that took me in when I was couch surfing doing drug's and he has HIV and I am best aquiped in my family to deal with that but, it still does concern me because my brother has AIDS which mean's he doesn't have that long to live. But, it's okay.

Sonic, does your brother have access to treatment, HAART in particular? I don't know whether or not he is gay, but either way, if he doesn't have insurance, he might want to call the local GLBT community center; at least when I was involved in HIV/AIDS prevention, the GLBT community center provided a lot of support to HIV/AIDS patients, regardless of sexual orientation.

Sonic, does your brother have access to treatment, HAART in particular? I don't know whether or not he is gay, but either way, if he doesn't have insurance, he might want to call the local GLBT community center; at least when I was involved in HIV/AIDS prevention, the GLBT community center provided a lot of support to HIV/AIDS patients, regardless of sexual orientation.

Ya he's on Viral med's and he is gay but, he doesn't take care of him self. Like he's not going around killing people but, he's still doing drug's....Once you hit the AIDS part of the illness there is no going back to HIV from what I heard and well I'm just praying for him......My stepbrother had to deal with the death of his sister and now I'm going to have to deal with this one. I saw him two years ago and he looked alright. But, last october he called my mom from the hospital and his organs where shutting down. And when I saw him last week he is very skinny.....Uh, I guess I just wasn't ready for this.

You're right that (so far) you can't reverse the illness. If he doesn't take his meds right, they are going to stop working.

But when I did HIV prevention, we operated under the harm reduction model, meeting a client at a point the client was willing to accept, instead of insisting that they behave a certain way, or else. I wish I knew how street drugs interfere with HAART treatment, but I don't. Pot is used commonly, and is not considered harmful under those circumstances. I hope he isn't using meth. I know you don't have control over him, I just hope he isn't using meth.