CrazyBoards.org

Damn being Canadian!

Echo

/rant

Holy shit balls, seriously. I am SO pissed with my Canadianness right now.

So I'm trying to find one of those memory foam visco-elastic NASA type mattress things - the most well known company that sells them is Tempurpedic. So, I talk to a dealer in my area who sells the Tempurpedic mattresses and it's gonna be near (if not more) three grand to buy one of these f-ing things! So I start to search around on the net and come accross abed.com who sells them for a great price, then I search more and come across about 5 or 6 more sites that sell similar type mattresses for MUCH better prices. But ofcourse, everything they sell is in American Dollars and while a few of them do ship to Canada when you convert their price (lets say, $699) to Canadian, then add the shipping and handling, THEN add the taxes that the governement will charge me a few weeks after I recieve it for the damn thing going across the damned border the f-ing thing will cost me just about three grand! I wish SO much that I was American. Seriously. I am so fed up with finding amazing things on ebay - Oops, they only ship to America. Or I find a wonderful deal on a damn mattress I have wanted forever - Oops, it'll cost you an arm and a leg after all the conversions, taxes, and a whole bunch of other bullshit.

GRRRARRRRR!! Will I ever be able to buy the f-ing things I want without breaking the bank, and credit card, and becoming homeless because I had to spend it all? AHHHHHH!

/end rant

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gee,

I hadn't thought about all the problems of trying to get eBay stuff across the border.

I know it isn't Tempurpedic quality, but they do sell egg-crate type foam peices that you can put on top of a regular box spring mattress. That might be an inexpensive alternative.

Happy sleeping

am.

/rant

So I'm trying to find one of those memory foam visco-elastic NASA type mattress things - the most well known company that sells them is Tempurpedic. So, I talk to a dealer in my area who sells the Tempurpedic mattresses and it's gonna be near (if not more) three grand to buy one of these f-ing things! So I start to search around on the net and come accross abed.com who sells them for a great price, then I search more and come across about 5 or 6 more sites that sell similar type mattresses for MUCH better prices. But ofcourse, everything they sell is in American Dollars and while a few of them do ship to Canada when you convert their price (lets say, $699) to Canadian, then add the shipping and handling, THEN add the taxes that the governement will charge me a few weeks after I recieve it for the damn thing going across the damned border the f-ing thing will cost me just about three grand! I wish SO much that I was American. Seriously. I am so fed up with finding amazing things on ebay - Oops, they only ship to America. Or I find a wonderful deal on a damn mattress I have wanted forever - Oops, it'll cost you an arm and a leg after all the conversions, taxes, and a whole bunch of other bullshit.

GRRRARRRRR!! Will I ever be able to buy the f-ing things I want without breaking the bank, and credit card, and becoming homeless because I had to spend it all? AHHHHHH!

/end rant

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I shop for a lot of stuff in The US but what did you expect any way? You are,  much to your chagrin, today A Canadian so you will pay as we do. So be it.

I STILL FIND GREAT DEALS HERE AND THERE IN THE USA. BUT I DON'T HATE MY COUNTRY BECAUSE I CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY.

FROSTY THE CANUCK.

At Costco I bought  a "Tempurpedic" matress cover....it's about 3 inches thick.

I do, however live in PA - but - being Canadian I do know of your woes.

You can, come and visit and we can try to find one!

;)

I live in one of the most expensive states in the U.S.  I don't mind paying higher taxes as the quality of living in pretty good here.  I like Canada, I had no idea things were that exspensive!  I wonder if I could become like a  ;) and smuggle thereapedic memory foam across the border...

Hmmm.

Dudly do-right would probably get me, eh?

As a canadian you are like 4x-5x less likely to be murdered than an american.  Win some... lose some...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahh, but your 4-5X more likely to get stuck in the snow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed.  Perhaps the biggest upside of being Canadian is that there is almost no censorship in candian tv.  So when you are interviewed by your local tv station about avoiding being murdered by getting caught in the snow, you can swear at that white precipitation and then show a little boob.

So when you are interviewed by your local tv station about avoiding being murdered by getting caught in the snow, you can swear at that white precipitation and then show a little boob.

God knows I've done that already....

If Hillary Clinton ever becomes president, I'm moving to Canadia.  And, yes, I'll continue to call it "Canadia".

I don't get the purpose of the border taxes thing.  I think it's just there to make life difficult.

I did some Googling for you, and this is what I found.  Hope it helps!

~CS

P.S. Sometimes I'm not a fan of being an American.  Grass is always greener, huh?

If Hillary Clinton ever becomes president, I'm moving to Canadia.  And, yes, I'll continue to call it "Canadia".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I call it Canadia too.  It makes me laugh to upset canadians.

ps.  what's wrong with hilary.  She's an arrogant bitch, seems perfect for the job.

/rant

/end rant

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I shop for a lot of stuff in The US but what did you expect any way? You are,

Archived