CrazyBoards.org

Lexapro and MOOD swings

Guest BOYD

11/15

I have never felt so damn emotional over emotional issues. Is this a side effect of having no anxiety....I don't like all this moody baggage bullcrap. ;)

11/16

Update... Today I have a heart of stone. B)

By noon who knows.............. Too many ups and downs..this sucks

• 3 weeks later...

11/15

I have never felt so damn emotional over emotional issues. Is this a side effect of having no anxiety....I don't like all this moody baggage bullcrap. ;)

11/16

Update... Today I have a heart of stone. B)

By noon who knows.............. Too many ups and downs..this sucks

how have you been doing with the lexapro since this post?  (sorry if you've updated on it elsewhere and i've missed it.)

sometimes ssris can make people more prone to mood swings.  i wouldn't stress over it, but i hope that you bring up the mood swings with your doctor so that he/she can monitor them and make sure they aren't caused by the lexapro. 

take care

penny

What do you think about wine? I have found one normal glass at dinner is ok.

If I have 3 I get a big high but the day after I never want to do it again and do feel wiped out

which never even phased me in the pre-med days. ;)

As a general rule, psychiatric medications and alcohol do not mix.  Reduced tolerance is very common.  Alchohol also can increase depression, so in general alchohol and depression do not mix well either. 

It seems that Lexapro has in fact reduced your tolerance.  If you've found that one glass is ok, than stick with one glass and don't go for three anymore. 

I'd think that the choice between 3 glasses of wine and depression and 1 glass and better mood is an easy choice to make. 

Penny

• 1 month later...

Archived