CrazyBoards.org

Accidentally took 600 mg of Wellbutrin... am I going to die?

I am taking a script for 300 mg of wellbutrin but I accidentally took two pills today (forgot that I had already taken it this morning.)  Should I be worried?  Do I need to call my doctor?  

Edited by koakua

You certainly could call your doc or pharmacist or even poison control to see what they advise.

Just so you know what to expect.

I doubt you will die.

You probably don't need to worry.

You could probably find out whether you need to worry by calling your doc, pharmacist, or poison control.

Those mornings suck.

Take care!

In the original clinical trials for Wellbutrin, they tested the 600mg dose and found that it was effective, but significantly lowered the seizure threshold so they lowered the max dose to 450mg. Unless you're taking other medications that effect the seizure threshold or have a seizure disorder, you should be okay. 

In the original clinical trials for Wellbutrin, they tested the 600mg dose and found that it was effective, but significantly lowered the seizure threshold so they lowered the max dose to 450mg. Unless you're taking other medications that effect the seizure threshold or have a seizure disorder, you should be okay. 

Thanks!  I am going to avoid caffeine and alcohol today as a precaution for seizures.

I think that's a good idea---to avoid alcohol and caffeine today.

I also wonder if maybe you need pill boxes with the days of the week.  I would never remember what I've taken without my boxes.  They're very cheap and available at all of the pharmacies. :)

olga

• 7 years later...
On 8/21/2013 at 2:01 PM, melissaw72 said:

This has happened to me before also.  I got a terrible headache and I did not die; but you can call someone if you want to be on the safe side.  I agree to avoid the caffeine and alcohol.

really you didnt die lol well thats good since it be a modern medical miracle to write a comment after death WOW

16 hours ago, AUGUST said:

really you didnt die lol well thats good since it be a modern medical miracle to write a comment after death WOW

Not a particularly helpful start to your CB membership - (1) this thread is 7 years old, and (2) while you were probably intending to be funny, it's actually a little mean spirited.  We knew what this poster was trying to say at the time.

• Like 2