CrazyBoards.org

Anybody With Bipolar Want to Share?

Is there a way to bring records of a sort, lettters and records from current doc(s) to bring with you, in order to show the course of your treatment since you've been in a different country? Keep in e-mail contact w/ the doc(s) here now so you can put them in contact with new doc(s) in Australia? Have you asked your current doc(s) about your concern on this issue yet, and if they know anything about how to cope with this possible issue?

Continuity of care is SO important. I know docs like to make their. Own observations, but the time and treatments and professionals you saw here is *invaluable* to continuing your treatment. Docs mayhave some ideas on how to deal with that, or maybe even who to contact to ask.

I was going to say the same things as Mirazh ...  DRs do like to make their own observations, etc, but I would hope that your new DR would at least keep you on the meds you are on now, and then go from there and make his/her observations. (as opposed to changing meds before talking to you and getting to know you again).

Thank you guys for your answers :) it really was reassuring. You know when you have those moments when you randomly start freaking out about something? Yeah, that was one of those moments, lol.

We got two posters that I have carried around a long time framed, and I am massively psyched. The first one is up, a photo of a Bodhisativva, in snow that was taken on Mt. Baldy in SoCal, for those of you who are familiar with that Zen center. My friend took it, and I got it blown up into a poster on cafepress. It looks amazing. She was so excited to see it!

The other is a poster of a politically significant piece of aboriginal rock painting in Kakadu NP in Australia. The framer told me there was a bubble in the poster (exposed to damp at some point), and they couldn't be sure they could do it. But they could! So that is horizontal, and going over a window. It is a relief it survived for 18 years in a tube.

And my husband hung my thread curtain (like a beaded curtain, but with threads) up where we are going to put our linens. We have this weird built in, and haven't been able to figure out what to do with it, but once I found the curtain, we decided our towels and stuff would go there. We seriously have way too many towels, I give them to shelters and things when my head cooperates.

So it has been two days of decor.

We got two posters that I have carried around a long time framed, and I am massively psyched. The first one is up, a photo of a Bodhisativva, in snow that was taken on Mt. Baldy in SoCal, for those of you who are familiar with that Zen center. My friend took it, and I got it blown up into a poster on cafepress. It looks amazing. She was so excited to see it!

The other is a poster of a politically significant piece of aboriginal rock painting in Kakadu NP in Australia. The framer told me there was a bubble in the poster (exposed to damp at some point), and they couldn't be sure they could do it. But they could! So that is horizontal, and going over a window. It is a relief it survived for 18 years in a tube.

And my husband hung my thread curtain (like a beaded curtain, but with threads) up where we are going to put our linens. We have this weird built in, and haven't been able to figure out what to do with it, but once I found the curtain, we decided our towels and stuff would go there. We seriously have way too many towels, I give them to shelters and things when my head cooperates.

So it has been two days of decor.

I love cafepress ... I shop there all the time.  If you sign up for their email list, you get awesome email deals sometimes.

My doctor was supposed to call in a prescription for an anti anxiety for me but I guess he forgot because when I went to the pharmacy they said they had nothing for me so now I'm freaking out I've been anxious all day and I thought I was about to get relief but I guess not and just I feel so fucked up so I'm just smoking a bunch but that's not even helping and I just can't even :/

I was griping about my new med and the problems(?) I've been having to my DH.  He said "well, you're on too much medicine, try cutting it in half"

I said no thanks, I don't feel like having a seizure tonight.  But.  I can't believe he said that.  He must think meds are the source of my problems.  LOL

I was griping about my new med and the problems(?) I've been having to my DH. He said "well, you're on too much medicine, try cutting it in half"

I said no thanks, I don't feel like having a seizure tonight. But. I can't believe he said that. He must think meds are the source of my problems. LOL

My parents and PCP say I'm on too many meds too lol

I was griping about my new med and the problems(?) I've been having to my DH. He said "well, you're on too much medicine, try cutting it in half"

I said no thanks, I don't feel like having a seizure tonight. But. I can't believe he said that. He must think meds are the source of my problems. LOL

My parents and PCP say I'm on too many meds too lol

Ditto.  I've been told I am on too many meds.  One of my diagnoses is polypharmacy (or at least listed on the diagnosis sheet as a problem).

Yeah, it's terminology for more than one med. I got into a fight with a neurologist once, and he said I should be on fewer psych meds (of course excluding whatever *he* was prescribing). I told him psychiatry was polypharmacy and I was pretty sure he knew that. He then admitted he did.

Ha, good because I just couldn't think of a way to describe it.

"She is a paradox. She is faithful and yet detached. She is committed and yet relaxed. She loves everyone, and yet no one. She is sociable but also a loner. She is gentle and yet tough. She is passionate but can also be platonic. In short, she is predictable in her own unpredictability." -anonymous

I saw this quote somewhere on facebook. It kind of made me think about my manic vs depressive episodes.

why can't i talk when i need to talk??  i'm all stuck and i can cry NO PROBLEM but make legible sounds that describe what i would like to convey?  what now?  i don't want to type to someone in the same damned house.  I WANT TO OPEN MY MOUTH AND MAKE THE RIGHT SOUNDS COME OUT.

Wondering if that the meds keep me from obsessing about the voices and the eyeballs, they are still there and plotting against me.  They are plotting, they have to be, why would they have showed up in my life at all otherwise?

also, wondering why I can't type for shit anymore.