CrazyBoards.org

Adderall caps half empty or half full?

EasyCat3

Hi,

I've been on Adderall XR for 7 months with good results, but lately notice a slump, not the pick-me-up I used to get. I've taken the 10s, 15s, & 20s and because I used to split the 20s, I know the caps were at least 3/4 full of spansules.

This last rx of 10s are all half full.  Wonder if anyone else is on this dose and can confirm this is normal or if they've been tampered with.  Thank you. 

I don't use that med.  Its possible that they may have changed the fillers and such so that they aren't so full.

But remember, just like a box of corn flakes, they are filled by weight, not by volume.  "20" equals 20 milli-GRAMS. A weight.    And yes they may add a number of ingredients such as inert fillers to provide bulk, stabilizers, things to make it dissolve better, coloring, anti-clumping agents. 

Keep your meds in a safe place and if you have any concerns about tampering talk to your pharmicist, the pill expert.

cheers,

a.m.

Have not yet tried stims, but everything I hear about XR/SR meds in general indicates that you should NEVER split your caps.

That said, it is probably a case of using the same size caps for everything for economic reasons. Color changing is non-mechanical and therefore not an expense issue, but changing size and shape require a series of expenses that no savvy business would undertake willingly - like new molds and dies, new fill machinery to accomodate the different sizes - just not practical, in a nutshell. Probably they have the right amount of meds inside.

interesting that you say this....yesterday i looked at my 10 mg capsule and it was half full...and i'm thinking back to the 20 mg capusles and 30 mg capsules which were both 3/4s to 4/5s full....hmmmm...you'd think with the downsizing of the capusle that the 10 mg capsule would be at least 3/4s full..... Tonight i'll get home and dump a 10 mg capsule in a 20 mg capsule and see how much it fills the 20 mg capsule...

splitting the XR dosage can be a bit tricki....but just know that the light orange/yellow bead seems to be the instant release bead...and the darker orange seems to be the extended release bead.  It's hard to measure accurately each bead and all...so you may be getting more instant than extended....though i guess you could give it a good shake and pray that all is evened out when splitting the pill. I have seen words from people quoting MDs to where they state the XR form to maybe have more efficacy when poured in a bowl of pudding and eaten that way...who knows....trial and results, eh!

Archived