CrazyBoards.org

Sleep Quality vs. Sleep Quantity

Guest Lynik

I read about this website in the Times this morning and had a question that i wasnt able to resolve myself suprisingly.

Ive never had a problem going to sleep, i can useually go out in the first 30 minutes at most. But the quality of those hours are horrible, when i wake up in the morning i feel like crap and usually wake up several times at night. Rarely i get a nights sleep where it feels like i actually got a deep sleep. Most nights are like every 2-3 hrs i wake up. Ultimately i sleep anywhere from 5-8 hrs a night just because im fairly busy.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, ive seen medications that aid in falling asleep but nothing that improves sleep quality.

Heya Lynik,

Have you gone for a sleep study?

They attach all these monitors to you while you try to sleep.

Could be your sleep is interrupted by like 300 awakenings you're unaware of; for example, in sleep apnea.

If so, there are treatments.

If not, well, it narrows things down.

Best of luck.  Took Lamictal to get *me* to sleep.

--ncc--

yeah, that and stress, mattress quality, nutrition, schedule, and other overlooked factors have an impact.  humans need anywhere from 5-16 hours of sleep, depending on age.  babies need lots, then it goes down, respikes briefly in teenagerdom, and by your 20s you probably need 7-8.5 hours of sleep.  Sometimes oversleeping is the culprit for feeling like warmed over poo.  i get that if i go past 8-8.5 hours.  As we age our need for sleep generally decreases.

anyway, at least that's what it says on the back of this here cereal box

Thanx guys i guess i should see a doctor, my sleep pattern is pretty off im 19 and i usually sleep from 6 - 8 hrs a night i wake up usually around 5 so i can make it to physical training at 6am.

so every other day im either up at 5am or 7am and go to sleep anywhere from 9 -12

Archived