CrazyBoards.org

I am more than 30 years old and I am taking 12.5 mg CR Paxil. I would say that so far so good, few if any side effects and obsessions are kept at bay. I must add, though, that I am also taking Abilify 2.5 mg, so I am not sure where exactly does the therapeutic effect come from: paxil, abilify or the mix of them.

Thanks for your replies. Albert- once the difference between Paxil Cr and regular?

I read somewhere that Paxil can loose its effect if you have been on it before and restart treatment, so I thought maybe people over 30 would be more likely to be on round 2 with Paxil.

Thanks for your replies. Albert- once the difference between Paxil Cr and regular?

I read somewhere that Paxil can loose its effect if you have been on it before and restart treatment, so I thought maybe people over 30 would be more likely to be on round 2 with Paxil.

I've never had a problem with restarting any SSRI.  Me and Paxil just didn't get along.  CR or IR.

I see! Yeah that would make sense then! I hope the Paxil works out well for you.

The Paxil CR is controlled release. I've never been on it so I can't comment on any experience with it. Hopefully others will chime in.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 29 and just starting on my second round with Paxil. Of all the drugs I've tried, Paxil is the only one that has given me positive results. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll work a second time, but probably not going to hold my breath. There are a number of drugs I haven't tried yet, but I take care of my Mom full-time and don't have a personal income or health insurance. I just moved to a new state, and found a low-income clinic to get treatment at, and the first thing the ARNP said to me when she walked into the room was, "We're Primary Care; if you want to be switching your meds, you may need to see a psychiatrist." Because I can totally afford that. *eyeroll* My new neck of the woods seems to be in the dark ages, medically speaking.

Against all advice and common sense, I am splitting Pristiq to wean my self off, and starting Paxil at the same time. So far, so good. I'm maybe a little more emotional than usual, but given that the Pristiq wasn't working anyway...

I'll try to get back here in six to eight weeks to let you know how the Paxil is or isn't working. :-P