CrazyBoards.org

Panicked in Grad School

A quick intro... I'm a engineering grad student.  Was diagnosed with a panic disorder without agoraphobia when i was 13.  My first panic attack that I remember was when I was 9 but mom says they started before that.

current meds: 30mg Remeron daily and 1mg Xanax whenever i feel like it

previous meds: Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Wellbutrin, Buspar, Clonzapin, Gabitril, Amitriptyline and probably some i'm forgetting.

Other stratagies:  B vitamin supplement , 16 grams of inositol a day, no caffeine, wearing anti sea sickness bands to sleep... other crazy things

doctors: 4 Pdocs over the last 13 years and innumerable consultations.  4 years of analysis, 6 months CBT. 1 hospilitization while I was on wellbutrin.

I think thats a decent summary

Seripd~

Wait, you were diagnosed with panic disorder and they put you on Wellbutrin?  Sometimes these doctors really baffle me.

Welcome to the boards!  Glad you found us.  I'm a grad student, too.  Studying opera at a conservatory.  It can be quite a hassle.  If you have school-related issues, there's a board for that...<goes off to find the link>...there we go!  Intro To Being A Crazy Student--Whatsamatta U

I have MDD, dysthymia, and some GAD.  The anxiety is getting a lot better since I upped the Lex.  Didn't want to drop the WB because it's such a good AD for me.  Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for, be it questions about meds, information on your diagnosis, or just a place to vent.  Thanks for coming!

~CS

hi seripd,

i was a grad student once. but that is the past now unfortunately. oh well. grad school is really freaking hard. go out of your way to be good to yourself anxiety-wise. it is too, too easy to get caught up in all the little details and blow their importance WAY out of proportion.

welcome to the boards.

grouse.

Archived