CrazyBoards.org

Hi, I'm new here...

Hey there, bare with me as I stubble through this...

I'm 29, I have depression and generalized anixeity disorder. Been in treatment on and off since I was 12. I think I'm here because I would just like to explore this a little more. Quite a while ago I reached a point in my mental health where I had come to terms that this is the way I was always going to be and more or less accepted my depression as a part of me. It's like that spider you see from across the room that you're too lazy to get up to kill. You know its always there just waiting for you to not pay attention long enough for it to run across the room and over your foot or something and scare the shit out of you. Sometimes I can deal, sometimes it likes to sneak out from the dark corners of my mind and torture me with guilt and unreasonable fear for a month or two. When that happens I just have to let it...

I recently started on meds again cause the darkness was hanging around a little longer than I could handle (a good 2 years), and it seems to be retreating a little with the help of a pdoc I feel I can actually talk to. Why are some psychiatrists so fun to be around? I mean that in complete sarcasam as I had to be put on lorazapram simply to avoid the panic attacks I would get from the thought of having to go see my previous shrink...

So anyway, I have 3 wild boys 10, 5 and 1. My 10 year old is on the autism spectrum and I believe is depressed and anixous most of the time. And I'm thinking my 5 year old might be bipolar, that kid can change moods at the drop of a hat, is unable to sit down, and literally climbs the walls. I'm married to the father of my youngest and he does ok but he's far from perfect, then again who isn't. I work full time and I'm going back to school, keeping busy has always been the best way for me to ignore about the monster lurking in the corner...

I'm hoping I can find some people on here that are at the same point as me or just someone to chat with as the hubbs tends to internalize my depression and thinks it's his fault. So I've stopped trying to explain it to him.

Welcome to CrazyBoards! There are many people here with your issues, I am one, I have come to terms, I have GAD, Clinical Depression, OCD, PTSD. It is hard to come to terms and sometimes it is in remission and you feel better only to have it creep its ugly face back in to the picture.

This is a great place with tons of support, you will make a lot of friends here with similar issues and we all work to support each other and I have learned a lot from the friends I have made here. I hope you find what you are looking for, chat here is a great tool as well as well as the Blogs and Forums. 

One of the Moderators should stop by soon and welcome you formally and make sure you read the rules. 

Good luck in your treatment! I hope to see you around the boards!

Welcome to Crazyboards.  I'm glad you found us and I hope this is a good place for you to hang out.

If you didn't read the User Agreement when you signed up, please do so as soon as you have time.

We have a pretty active parenting forum and you might want to check it out and start a topic about your kids.  Several of our members are parents, and I think it really helps to compare notes with your peers.

olga

Thanks for the welcome. I did read the user agreement, one of the reasons I joined. the other "support" forums I've checked out I was too scared to ever post anything cause I thought I might trigger some one unintentionally cause I didn't really know what one was... Did I already screw up? did I say somethiong I shouldn't have?

Welcome!  Lots of good people and information here.  I understand having a special needs child.  I have a daughter with developmental disabilities.  I also sub in the schools and work with elementary aged children that are somewhere on the autistic spectrum.

Hope you find the support you are looking for here are crazyboards.

Thanks for the welcome. I did read the user agreement, one of the reasons I joined. the other "support" forums I've checked out I was too scared to ever post anything cause I thought I might trigger some one unintentionally cause I didn't really know what one was... Did I already screw up? did I say somethiong I shouldn't have?

You're fine.  I ask EVERYONE to read it.  You'd be surprised how many people don't read it and then are surprised that we aren't a huggy-kissy kind of place.  You haven't done anything wrong and we're happy to have you here.

Write on!

olga

Welcome S! CB is pretty awesome, and so far I have found that offending people comes far & few between. You seem to be going through a lot! I hope the support I have come to find, you find as well (:

And welcome also, miss Amy (: