CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Wooster

THE COMPLAINT BOX

Drink fluids, and lie down, elevating your feet above your heart. If it is being caused by a medication, that may not help, but in general, it should, even if it *is* a medication.

I thoughtlessly reached down and pulled a weed today, not noticing until the itching and burning started that it was a nettle. My fingers and palm are a vile constellation of stinging welts. 

Drink fluids, and lie down, elevating your feet above your heart. If it is being caused by a medication, that may not help, but in general, it should, even if it *is* a medication.

thanks, crtclms. sometimes my feet swell because of the weather/dehydration/whatever/medication. not all the time but sometimes they get pretty bad and its annoying as heck. they get achy and feel like heavy clubs and look gross i'll try the elevation above my heart thing. i used ice packs last night and that felt nice and helped. also, a note to self: lots and lots of water even if it increases frequent urination issues. 

There are 2 toilets in the house I am at.  One has been running constantly all night (We have company and I'm not about to make a ton of noise or wake my father up to fix it) ... the one I need at night on the bottom floor so I don't make noise.  And it figures I keep needing to use it, so I am using the one upstairs.  I just hope I don't wake anyone up.

My headaches are becoming more frequent again. I'm having to cancel more plans than I did 6 mo ago. Except after the surgery, I was on so many narcotics, I didn't really have headaches. But ever since I came off of them, it has been bad.

I had planned on thrifting today, too. :(

My headaches are becoming more frequent again. I'm having to cancel more plans than I did 6 mo ago. Except after the surgery, I was on so many narcotics, I didn't really have headaches. But ever since I came off of them, it has been bad.

I had planned on thrifting today, too. :(

I hope things get better for you... :(

I've been looking for a floor loom for a while. I finally found one in working condition that I can afford. The problem with it? It's 58" by 49", so it's HUGE. I could do some really great projects with it... if I had a place to put it.

I'm having lots of migraines again, and it is hard to get things done. I am doing rehab for my knee replacement, and I can't practice at home, and had to cancel an appt. because of migraines.

I thoughtlessly reached down and pulled a weed today, not noticing until the itching and burning started that it was a nettle. My fingers and palm are a vile constellation of stinging welts. 

That must have hurt!  I looked it up (nettle), and people actually eat this stuff:

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-nettle.html

And if you google just "nettle," what comes up is a nutrition table with some of the nutrients/benefits it has. (ie 37 calories a cup)

Every fucking morning, taking my son to school, cops everywhere. Seriously, like in a mile and a half, I see 5 cars. Have to constantly watch my speed. But where in the fuck are they at 2am when motorcycles are racing at high speeds down my street???

• Like 1

I am so upset that coming off the Latuda has had such a negative effect on my headaches. Latuda was perfect for me, my mood was totally stable, and the rate of my headaches dropped precipitously. Now I am back to having more days with headaches than without. Why does Latuda have to cost so fucking much?

I just went to put clothes in the dryers (split them up so they'd dry faster).  Came to take them out and one machine is dried and done, but the other machine didn't dry anything in it.  So I had to waste more quarters, again, putting the wet stuff back into the good dryer.

The good news about this is that we are getting brand new washers next week, supposedly.  Hopefully it all works out.

I have been out of lithium for a month. We got no response to messages left by both my pharmacy and myself. I saw my stupid pnurse today, and she claims the pharmacy never called, and her PA (with whom I spoke) never got the message. At any rate, she said she'd call it in.

So I go to Costco, and hand them a benzo script (in UT it has to be a paper script), and ask if they could rush my lithium. No record of any call to renew lithium. They told me to call my pnurse immediately, and I waited on hold as I stood in line to pick up another med. When I got to the front of the line, the cashier checked my records again, and suddenly there was a lithium script, and she said they could have it done by 6:30PM. This was at noon.

So I went back at about quarter to 7, and they told me they were OUT OF LITHIUM. Seriously? How does an enormous box store run out of lithium? It's not like something like Latuda, where if they buy it beforehand, it might not get used, and they have to eat $900 of unused med. There is always going to be a demand for lithium. I know for a fact that I am not the only bipolar person in Salt Lake.

So now I am supposed to go back tomorrow, but to "make sure to call first."

Oh, my god, Crt, and when you're depressed already. People who have never been depressed will never know that you slew the hydra today by dealing with all that, and that tomorrow you'll go back into battle, presumably to clean the Augean stables. At any rate that is the level of bullshit that comes to mind.

I would have been so pissed.  I agree ... how could they be out of lithium?  At least couldn't they have told you that when you dropped off the prescription.  I hope you are able to get your prescription tomorrow.

Fortunately, Jason will go pick it up for me, I have a bad headache.

That's some serious incompetence, crt. I'd blow a gasket at that.

I'm glad that you are finally going to get your lithium.

I'm so happy. It's here. I'm actually a little worried a switch flipped and I'm suddenly feeling a little hypo. That would be the first episode since I've been on lithium, so I'm hoping restarting the lithium sets things straight.

Can you start back up at the dose you were on, or is there a titration period?

On 1/10/2016 at 10:23 PM, crtclms said:

I'm so happy. It's here. I'm actually a little worried a switch flipped and I'm suddenly feeling a little hypo. That would be the first episode since I've been on lithium, so I'm hoping restarting the lithium sets things straight.

Wow.  That sounds like you got hit on all sides.  I dunno if its me, the meds, ago or what but it seems like it harder and harder to find anyone who does their job very well.  Its probably the ocd.