CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Wooster

THE COMPLAINT BOX

I only take 600mg, so I did 300mg AM/PM. If I start showing symptoms of toxicity overnight, I'll cut back to 300. But my "nurse" didn't mention it as being a problem.

Now I'm feeling depressed again. I'm not feeling mixed though. Just labile.

If the headaches would stop, I bet that would help.

The damn dryers aren't working.  I had a huge load washed, only to find out the dryer was not taking quarters. (the other dryer was broken).

I found a lump in my breast. I think it's a cyst. I HOPE it's a cyst. But I can't be sure until I have my doctor check it out.

Today is Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday, so I can't schedule an appointment about it until Tuesday.

1 hour ago, SoaringRaven said:

I found a lump in my breast. I think it's a cyst. I HOPE it's a cyst. But I can't be sure until I have my doctor check it out.

Today is Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday, so I can't schedule an appointment about it until Tuesday.

I hope it is a cyst too and that everything works out ok for you.

I got a new goldfish a week ago.  He's the colorful one in the background.  It seems lively and healthy but he's only about 1/4 of the size of my other fishy.  They are both comet goldfish.

I have noticed that when Ii feed them, the new, smaller fish doesn't seem hungry and I don't notice him going for the pellets like the big fishy.  

Does anybody know how to ensure that the small one named Dynamite eats enough to grown and thrive?  I think he might be afraid to go for the pellets because he's there new kid on the block and his aquarium mate, Gilligan, is so much bigger!

IMG_0732.jpg

I think your fish is beautiful!  The only thing I can think of is that maybe the new fish needs different food.  If he continues to not eat, I'd call the place you got him to ask why they think he isn't eating.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

I think your fish is beautiful!  The only thing I can think of is that maybe the new fish needs different food.  If he continues to not eat, I'd call the place you got him to ask why they think he isn't eating.

Thank you Melissa!  Your suggesting of buying different food for him worked. :-)  I bought him goldfish flakes at the pet store and crumbled them between my fingers until they very fine and then stirred them into the water.  He started eating the flake particles right away!  Now that he is eating i am sure he'll get as big as Gilligan in no time.  Then they might be needing a larger tank. :-)  Thanks again!

I showed up for a dentist appt yesterday (45 minutes away) and when I got there I was told she wasn't in the office all day because she was in Boston for a convention or something.  I asked (clearly annoyed) why didn't someone call me to reschedule?  And the receptionist (new to the job) said all she knew was that there were no patients today (she hadn't been there when the schedule was full then erased, meaning she had no idea who cleared that day of patients).  I knew I had the right date though because my mom and I both write it down at the same time and I always repeat it back to the receptionist.  So my mom and I couldn't both be wrong.

My mom had to drive 25 minutes to my place, 45 minutes to the dentist (only to find the dentist was not there), then drive me 45 minutes back to my home, then another 25 back to her home. 

I hate when people touch my mouth, so I had awhile to build up the mentality that someone was going to touch my mouth (if that makes sense).  So now I have to do it again for the end of next month. 

Also, I usually have to take a huge dose of antibiotics an hour before the appt because there is always a risk of infection getting into hip (the plaque can go into my bloodstream and could possibly have consequences).  Anyway, because the antibiotic always makes me feel sick, I started taking it right after the appt.  But for all she knows, I take it before.  Thank goodness I hadn't taken the antibiotic first.

So I got a card this time if this happens again.

**Note to self ... ALWAYS get a card when you make an appt with a DR so there is no way you get screwed out of an appt.

• Like 1

Ah shit, Melissa, sorry that happened. I haven't experienced something like that before, but I imagine I'd be blowing up like Mt. Vesuvius. Sounds like you were upset, but kept it reined in. Hope it doesn't happen again.

3 hours ago, Rabbit37 said:

Ah shit, Melissa, sorry that happened. I haven't experienced something like that before, but I imagine I'd be blowing up like Mt. Vesuvius. Sounds like you were upset, but kept it reined in. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks, me too.  I did do pretty well keeping myself together. 

What I started doing is if someone or something pisses me off in a big way, I'll write a letter to (whomever), but then leave it on the computer overnight.  Then the next day after I have slept, I go back and re-read what I wrote, then calm the tone of the letter down.  When I sleep on it things are put more in perspective in the morning.

ETA: I still am pissed at what happened, and could still go off on her (dentist) when I see her next, but like my mother was saying ... don't do anything that might rock the boat too much because she is the ONLY dentist close by who takes my insurance.  I don't want to totally piss her off.  I still plan on saying something when I see her next, but it will be toned down.

Edited by melissaw72

On 1/30/2016 at 3:41 AM, melissaw72 said:

I showed up for a dentist appt yesterday (45 minutes away) and when I got there I was told she wasn't in the office all day because she was in Boston for a convention or something.  I asked (clearly annoyed) why didn't someone call me to reschedule?  And the receptionist (new to the job) said all she knew was that there were no patients today (she hadn't been there when the schedule was full then erased, meaning she had no idea who cleared that day of patients).  I knew I had the right date though because my mom and I both write it down at the same time and I always repeat it back to the receptionist.  So my mom and I couldn't both be wrong.

My mom had to drive 25 minutes to my place, 45 minutes to the dentist (only to find the dentist was not there), then drive me 45 minutes back to my home, then another 25 back to her home. 

I hate when people touch my mouth, so I had awhile to build up the mentality that someone was going to touch my mouth (if that makes sense).  So now I have to do it again for the end of next month. 

Also, I usually have to take a huge dose of antibiotics an hour before the appt because there is always a risk of infection getting into hip (the plaque can go into my bloodstream and could possibly have consequences).  Anyway, because the antibiotic always makes me feel sick, I started taking it right after the appt.  But for all she knows, I take it before.  Thank goodness I hadn't taken the antibiotic first.

So I got a card this time if this happens again.

**Note to self ... ALWAYS get a card when you make an appt with a DR so there is no way you get screwed out of an appt.

I went to a TDoc that I liked and it was during pretty intense times for me.  I didn't know if SO and I were going to make it and I was dealing with being harassed by some people I worked for who were all sueing each other/

For reasons I never understood I would come in to see TDoc and sit around for 5 or 10 minutes and the receptionist would say, "Your almost an hour late!" and I would wonder what the hell happened and I would reschedual and write the time on the card where I would write in big red letters on my sched and sure enough.  In a visit or two I would be told "Your an hour late" (Always an hour) so... I started hanging on to the card (Not just writing it down) and was told "Your an hour late and according to the contract we can decline services."  I dug out the card half thinking I was an hour late and I found I was there 15 minutes early and showed this to the receptionist and the TDoc.   Hell... OCD people are not well known for being late are they?  Anyway they looked at the card and repeated the policy of me being late and I *This is rare  LOST IT.  I said "I don't need this." and stormed out of the clinic never to return.  I wish I knew what was going on with all that?

Hell... OCD people are not well known for being late are they? 

Exactly.

My cats act depressed but I don't know what to do.  I expect them to do cat things in their cat world but I think they might be feeling in the dumps sometimes.  I wonder if it's because I don't entertain them.  I give them love when they come to me without exception. I try to not bother them when they seem sleepy and might want to be alone. 

My two cats don't get along.  They fight over me.  Little jealous things.  

I do everything I think I'm supposed to do.  

I got a letter from Humana saying I need 2 more prior authorizations.  The first month they let me have, but that I needed a PA for one med and a formulary exception for the other one.

About the above post ^^, Humana never faxed one of the papers to the DR.  Or maybe she sent it to the wrong fax number, which would suck because it has my Humana ID on it, with my name and other information.

Anyway, found this out yesterday ... the neuro said he would fill it out ... but when he realized it wasn't there, you'd think he could call or send a quick email back to me (I had emailed him also) saying it wasn't there.  I'm so glad I double checked with the office yesterday about it because it was then that I asked about the fax, and did he have a chance to fill it out yet.  And because had I not been really persistent, I would be having this conversation a week from now.

So I called Humana and the number the person gave me to call was the wrong number ... after 25 minutes the girl finally realized she didn't know what to do, so she transferred me to someone who knew anything about it, and it was faxed within 5 minutes.  And you know how you can't understand some people's accents on the phone, I had to be switched to another rep the first time, and yesterday, I could barely understand this one too.  So frustrating.

Got 2 prior auths denied.  Going through the appeal process is very stressful.  I think not only for me but for my DRs too. 

7 minutes ago, melissaw72 said:

Got 2 prior auths denied.  Going through the appeal process is very stressful.  I think not only for me but for my DRs too. 

That really sucks. Did you change insurance?

4 minutes ago, jt07 said:

That really sucks. Did you change insurance?

Yes, I changed as of Jan 1st, 2016.  I had to.  Aetna was saying I had to get meds about 10 miles away that weren't going to be covered (big copay).  I have no idea why CVS didn't stay in Aetna's preferred network, but fuck the person who changed everything around.  At least when on aetna they had all my meds on the formulary.  With Humana they don't have as many meds on their formulary, so I need to a "formulary exception" for the ones that aren't.  So far it has been 2.  The other 2 have been plain prior auths.  The first 2 were approved the first time.  No so lucky this time.