Jump to content
CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Wooster

THE COMPLAINT BOX

Recommended Posts

Wow, that does suck, melissa. I'm sorry. Somebody royally screwed a lot of people. It's not like you can just drop the meds you've been taking for years. What are they thinking? I have a suspicion that the answer is the bottom line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jt07 said:

Wow, that does suck, melissa. I'm sorry. Somebody royally screwed a lot of people. It's not like you can just drop the meds you've been taking for years. What are they thinking? I have a suspicion that the answer is the bottom line.

Thanks.  You're right ... it isn't like a person can just drop meds they've been on for years. 

The big thing that sucks though is that it is the insurance people who are deciding whether I should take a med or not, not the DRs.  To me that is fucked up.

What did you mean (^^in bold) about the answer is the bottom line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already had my three meals today but I was just in the kitchen and had a veggie burger sandwich with cheese on 15 grain bread.  Someone needs to take all my food and give it to poor people.  I feel piggish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TakeAChillPill said:

I already had my three meals today but I was just in the kitchen and had a veggie burger sandwich with cheese on 15 grain bread.  Someone needs to take all my food and give it to poor people.  I feel piggish.  

I know the feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear stomach and abdomen, will you please fuck off and not give me the pain I have been experiencing, resulting in an emergency gastroscopy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a goddamn revelation if they listened to what I tell them about how sick I am.  Rather than ignoring me, then resenting me and mocking me for being sick when I have to ask them for help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The insurance company wouldn't cover a med, so my pdoc appealed it twice, and it was a 'no.'  So now I am on Ativan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people above me were making so much noise they woke me out of a deep sleep.  Not happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking out the kitchen garbage bag, in trying to tie it up, the ties broke through the plastic. Got it out, only to find that something liquidy had seeped through, and I had to wash out the trash can. These are name brand Hefty bags, damn it, I expected better.

This day has sucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rabbit37 said:

Taking out the kitchen garbage bag, in trying to tie it up, the ties broke through the plastic. Got it out, only to find that something liquidy had seeped through, and I had to wash out the trash can. These are name brand Hefty bags, damn it, I expected better.

This day has sucked.

That totally sucks ... You're right ... I have the Hefty bags too, and I expect a lot out of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was trying to follow a quilt pattern I found online. I bought about $40 worth of fabric for it and was really excited about the whole project. It turns out that the yardage on the pattern is all wrong. I finished the center part of the quilt, and was about to move on to the border and backing, but I have nowhere near enough fabric to do that! I bought all my fabric from a discount store well over a month ago, so it's not like I can easily go out and buy more of those specific prints. Grr!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These people upstairs :wall:

I don't want to complain because I complained about the former tenant, and a few of us here got her evicted because her dog barked at night (middle of the night), waking people up.  Right now though, it is insane.  I just yelled loud, "Do you think you could be a little quieter?"  And when I did that it stopped for the most part, but 1 minute later it starts up all over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is bigger than a mild annoyance so I am posting it here.  I have to do stuff all day (all day on my feet), and I JUST started to get a damn headache and we leave in 1.5 hours.  There is not enough time to take a nap either.  Took 2 Excedrin and 1 muscle relaxer hoping that will work  ... so far the pain is only in my forehead, but I can feel it branching out.  I can't afford to get even a regular headache right now.  There is just so much to do and really want to help out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 9 out of 10 for migraines. I feel like I have taken too much medication recently as it is, and I don't want rebound headaches, so today I definitely cannot take anything. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have been really helpful if my pdoc and parents believed me when I started to say my short term memory was getting bad.  I have been mentioning it almost every day, either to pdoc or my parents (mainly my mother).  My mom says, "Well I have a bad memory too." :wall:

When I see my psychiatrist Thursday, I am going to tell him about my short term memory because it has gotten really bad, and my mother has even started commenting on it.  No one said it would be a problem for the past few months (when I started telling people about it), because it wasn't much and they all (including psychiatrist) didn't help me when I started talking about it.  No one really believed me ... until it actually got worse in a very obvious way. 

It is like people needed actual evidence to believe me.  Well, they got what they wanted.  And had they listened to me a few months ago, I would probably be doing a little better than I am now.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 4, 2016 at 8:25 PM, melissaw72 said:

It would have been really helpful if my pdoc and parents believed me when I started to say my short term memory was getting bad.  I have been mentioning it almost every day, either to pdoc or my parents (mainly my mother).  My mom says, "Well I have a bad memory too." :wall:

When I see my psychiatrist Thursday, I am going to tell him about my short term memory because it has gotten really bad, and my mother has even started commenting on it.  No one said it would be a problem for the past few months (when I started telling people about it), because it wasn't much and they all (including psychiatrist) didn't help me when I started talking about it.  No one really believed me ... until it actually got worse in a very obvious way. 

It is like people needed actual evidence to believe me.  Well, they got what they wanted.  And had they listened to me a few months ago, I would probably be doing a little better than I am now.
 

i'm sorry to hear that, mel. i experience the same issues with the people in my lives. its like something has to become catastrophic before they recognize that maybe they should have listened to me in the first place. good luck with figuring out what's going on with your memory.

complaint: i think i have another allergy-induced sinus infection. and i'm not impressed. at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, cosima said:

i'm sorry to hear that, mel. i experience the same issues with the people in my lives. its like something has to become catastrophic before they recognize that maybe they should have listened to me in the first place. good luck with figuring out what's going on with your memory.

complaint: i think i have another allergy-induced sinus infection. and i'm not impressed. at all.

Thank you :)

I saw pdoc today and was asking him about it, and now that I am thinking back about the appt, he is just trying to spread out meds during the day, one med at a time.  Idk if that will really do anything ... it is taking trazodone 1/2/1 (50 mg AM/100 mg in the day/50 mg at night ... instead of 100 mg in the AM, 100 mg in the PM).  I'm not too confident about this but will see what happens.  My meds are already so spread out through the day though and I hardly take any of the PRN's right now.  I see him again next week to re-evaluate.

(in bold ... I also know that all too well ... unfortunately).

 

I'm sorry about the sinus infection.  Allergies really suck; I have them too.  Have you ever tried flonase?  That sometimes helps me.  It is an OTC med, or by prescription.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@melissaw72 i'm actually thinking about asking my doctor to switch to flonase. i've noticed you and a couple other people take that. currently on nasacort but it's not cutting it anymore. before i started a daily nasal steroid i was having month long brutal sinus infections so this might be a good sign to try something new. such a pain! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cosima said:

@melissaw72 i'm actually thinking about asking my doctor to switch to flonase. i've noticed you and a couple other people take that. currently on nasacort but it's not cutting it anymore. before i started a daily nasal steroid i was having month long brutal sinus infections so this might be a good sign to try something new. such a pain! 

It is a pain, you're right.  I was having constant sinus infections also until I started Flonase.  Once I had the Flonase they stopped happening.  Just to note is that it might not work right away. It has to get in your system.  Doesn't take too long though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my sinus infection has triggered asthma issues and i think im starting my period:cussing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...