CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Wooster

THE COMPLAINT BOX

So, when I work nights I try to conserve my energy during the day. This means that I limit my activities and don't do very much. Last night I was told mid-way through the day that my shift that night was cancelled. Today I went to my night shift only to find out upon my arrival that it was a mistake and that I wasn't needed.

This is not about the money, as I get a minimum simply for being cancelled on. As a result I'm still getting 2/3 of my projected income. Instead, I'm really annoyed at how many things I could have got done this weekend, but didn't, in anticipation of needing to work nights.

That really sucks Rosie.  To purposefully save up the energy and not to things in order to be able to work, only to find out too late to help that it's not necessary.  I had something similar where the first week I was going back to work after being out for two, I was explicitly told by my supervisor to stay home unless I had a specific reason to be at the office (this is partially beneficial to them also b/c at the time, if I commuted in and back, that counted in my hours worked).  Because I had so many client meetings to make up, though, I had to go in every day....only to find that for four out of the five days, the client either no-showed without calling or cancelled but I was already there.  Sigh. 

11 hours ago, TakeAChillPill said:

I have some sort of hive or swelling under my left eye.  I've taken benadryl and used a cold compress.  it's not going away yet.

Is it a sty?  Maybe google that for pictures you can compare your too?

10 hours ago, WinterRosie said:

So, when I work nights I try to conserve my energy during the day. This means that I limit my activities and don't do very much. Last night I was told mid-way through the day that my shift that night was cancelled. Today I went to my night shift only to find out upon my arrival that it was a mistake and that I wasn't needed.

This is not about the money, as I get a minimum simply for being cancelled on. As a result I'm still getting 2/3 of my projected income. Instead, I'm really annoyed at how many things I could have got done this weekend, but didn't, in anticipation of needing to work nights.

I would be really pissed too, Rosie.  I'm sorry that happened.

All I can say, is FUCK the pharmacy, FUCK pdoc (especially him), and FUCK the on-call DR.

another sinus infection or a severe rapid-onset head cold. either way, i'm unimpressed.

I've been on the phone with Bank of America for 30 minutes because I deposited a large (four digit) check yesterday at the counter, it showed as a pending amount in my online banking yesterday, and yet has no sign of its existence today. 

Person one "tried" tracking it down.  This included me giving the time, branch number, name of the person who accepted the deposit, the receipt number, the reference number, and just about everything else I could think of.  I also offered to take a picture of the deposit slip and email or text it to someone.  When he said that he couldn't receive either, I asked who could and if I could have a supervisor.  He said that claims would be a better deposit.  I asked how they would resolve it, as asking the person to write another four-figure check was not an option, asking them to be the check cancellation fee when there was a risk it had already been deposited and gone to the wrong account so it wouldn't cancel, etc. were not on the table.  He said claims should take care of it today.

I checked with my dad while waiting on hold and he sent me the front and back of the check that showed it had been deposited yesterday successfully.  Once I find someone who accepts emails, perhaps this will get resolved. 

If claims does not take care of it today, they're going to have a quite furious call on their hands.  This is also leading to a complaint to their corporate department.  This is completely inacceptable.  The awful part is they know they've got me as a customer b/c my longest-standing credit card with the largest balance and the largest overall line of credit is with them...if I were to transfer and drop them, my credit score would get smushed. 

Well, an hour and ten minutes later (as I was running out the door to go to a favorite comedian's show), I reached someone high enough up the chain to be knowledgeable about how to locate the check and to explain what happened (and apologize profusely for why). Although she could not instantly fix it, she made a note in the account that clearly explained why it should be fixed as of 9:00am Monday and a direct dial number to call on Monday at 11:00am if there were still problems.  According to her, it should resolve itself Monday at the start of business, but if it doesn't, they will have full authority to just fix it themselves.

she at least was friendly and competent.  However since it took 70 minutes to get that semi-resolution and four transfers and one suggestion to call a different department on Monday between 9 and 5 (without working anything out prior), their corporate office will still get a note.  I'll just make sure to be friendly with respect to the final person.

One of my credit cards closed on me (will be closing in 2 months) because I hadn't used it in 2 years.

I got a letter from the company (not even a warning ... they just said they were), and even if I buy something now it won't make a difference in terms that it will close or not.  It still will close no matter what. 

However, I was extremely fortunate that the credit card that will close was not the one that has the high limit.  I lost the one with the lower limit.  I would have gone crazy if the card with the higher amount was closed.

So I spent a lot of time on the phone with the company this morning about it.

Am pissed because I got no warning of this.

I recently got one of those also.  It's one that, to be fair to them, I really haven't used much.  I opened it for a low-interest balance transfer, did that, and paid it back and haven't used it since.  I don't remember the date they gave as the deadline, so I should probably just cut it up. 

It's fine that Fuzzy's homeless friend has been living in the living room for the past month. That's not the part that I have an issue with. What I have an issue with is that it's almost three in the morning, I need to piss like a racehorse, and I've been waiting outside of my bathroom for the past 35 minutes because apparently she's a 45-minute shower sort of person.

This morning T 330 AM my former boss called numerous  times to call me in as a temp nurse and I just retired yesterdayAfter I announced my retirement to husband and which job I had to decided to take he said " good you can make dinner every night"

i can't win

I've run out of things to do online and I want to scream.  

I has the madz.   

I was having a great day until I was finally alone and have nobody to bother/talk to.  Calling my mother for the 10th time today is not a viable option.  

I am hyper, can't wait to go to the shore this weekend, and really, really need to do SOMETHING.  

If I close my eyes in bed I might not sleep later on.  It's only 10 after 8PM.  

At least I can vent here.  :-)

But seriously....   Scrabble doesn't amuse me right now, Facebook is all the same old biz, and I am already HERE all the time but I guess i could stay longer if I must.  

I am on a different computer for a few days.  I wanted to check my account to see if a charge had gone through.  So I log in and it says it doesn't recognize this computer.  Long story short, I ended up calling the 1-800 number for help because the only way to get into my account was for me to get a call at MY home number for a temporary PIN number, and there was no other way to do this other than being at home.  Unless it was my cell phone number, which I didn't want them changing to the default number because I don't use my cell often.  (Plus I couldn't "get service" at that time ... means that I couldn't get a connection). Couldn't send the PIN to email.  So I ask the bank people how can I get into my account another way ... and they said there isn't another way.

I mean if you are on another computer and not at home ... which I told the bank people ... how the hell are you supposed get a call at a home number?  You know? That makes no sense.  So I asked the bank people if a specific transaction had gone through (they could tell me that part, just not have access to my account) and they said it hadn't.  I mean that was all I wanted to know.  But it still pisses me off that I couldn't access my own bank account from another computer while not at home, where I had to be home to get a call from my home number to do it.

I did a load of DARK laundry, all my clothes except a pair of my mother's dark pants. Those pants had a fuckin kleenex in the pocket, which I found out after the load was done.  I wanted to scream when I found out.  And I had one thing that couldn't go in the dryer.  So I shook as much kleenex off of everything I could, and left the carpet with a ton of little tissue pieces all over it for her to clean up.

I am in a shitty mood today as it is, and I didn't need this shit to add on to everything else. 

So the asthma DR has call-in hours every day from 7:30-8 AM.  I tried the office (#1) he is at today, and had the wrong number.  So I called the other office (#2) to get the number to #1.  Well, no one was answering calls in the #2 office (prick), so I had to wait until the #2 office was open to get the #1 office.  Which meant that I would miss call-in hours. 

So I called office #2 and got the #1 phone number.  Had had the wrong number.  So I waited until 8 AM when the offices opened, and called the #2 office for the #1 office phone number.

Called the #1 office, and while it is good I was able to get through, I now need to wait for a call-back ... which means that I have to be around all day today until he calls.  I'm just so pissed.  I knew the office he was in.  Had the wrong phone number so I couldn't get through.

So my complaint is ... is that the two DRs are supposed to be answering calls (at 2 different offices) between 7:30 AM and 8 AM.  And the one day I remember to call asthma office, no one is answering calls so I could get the #1 office phone number to call.

Had a dr appt yesterday that was a bust. My mdoc said she had results from my sleep study but i would have to go to the ordering doc. So, I made an appt to go over the results. I go to the appt and the only results they have are from the sleep lab, but not the sleep dr. My file is still on his desk :wall: . I should have asked questions before making the appt., but I thought someone would tell me if they didn't have the results.

So, now I have to wait for a phone call that the results are in.

My complaint is that doctors and therapists keep thinking I have different DXs. I'm sick of not knowing what's going on in my head. Someone just tell me the flat-out truth so I can move forward from there!