CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Wooster

THE COMPLAINT BOX

10 minutes ago, huntforbravery said:

My complaint is that doctors and therapists keep thinking I have different DXs. I'm sick of not knowing what's going on in my head. Someone just tell me the flat-out truth so I can move forward from there! 

Maybe try saying exactly what you posted here, about the pdoc and tdoc and how they each have different DXs for you, which is stressful (or fill in the blank) not knowing, and that you are having a hard time moving forward because of it.  ... 

I would print out this post and give a copy to your pdoc and one to your tdoc.

I understand wanting to know your diagnosis, especially if it gives you peace of mind, and also if someone IRL asks about it ... a dx would give a concrete answer to the person who asked.  NOT saying it is any of their business and you don't have to tell them anything.  Just saying that it would be an answer if asked, rather than telling whomever a bunch of symptoms that may not make sense to them. 

Other people say it is the treatment that counts, rather than knowing your diagnosis.  I agree with both ideas, but personally I do like to have my diagnoses so I can explain things a lot easier and faster to anyone who asks.  So all I have to do is say my diagnosis in one or 2 words, rather than all the symptoms (like I was saying above).

Personally I would take the pdocs diagnosis because he is the one prescribing the meds. But that is just my opinion.

But I definitely would bring a copy of your post to both your tdoc and pdoc, so they can get an idea of how you feel.  Is it something like you can't move forward in therapy because of this? 

3 minutes ago, melissaw72 said:

Maybe try saying exactly what you posted here, about the pdoc and tdoc and how they each have different DXs for you, which is stressful (or fill in the blank) not knowing, and that you are having a hard time moving forward because of it.  ... 

I would print out this post and give a copy to your pdoc and one to your tdoc.

I understand wanting to know your diagnosis, especially if it gives you peace of mind, and also if someone IRL asks about it ... a dx would give a concrete answer to the person who asked.  NOT saying it is any of their business and you don't have to tell them anything.  Just saying that it would be an answer if asked, rather than telling whomever a bunch of symptoms that may not make sense to them. 

Other people say it is the treatment that counts, rather than knowing your diagnosis.  I agree with both ideas, but personally I do like to have my diagnoses so I can explain things a lot easier and faster to anyone who asks.  So all I have to do is say my diagnosis in one or 2 words, rather than all the symptoms (like I was saying above).

Personally I would take the pdocs diagnosis because he is the one prescribing the meds. But that is just my opinion.

But I definitely would bring a copy of your post to both your tdoc and pdoc, so they can get an idea of how you feel.  Is it something like you can't move forward in therapy because of this? 

The problem is that my therapist is currently trying to figure out what she thinks is going on. I was being treated for DID for a while, but my therapist thinks that I don't actually have it but have something else that mimiced it. She isn't sure what her theory is yet. She thinks it might be borderline, but we need to explore things for a while before deciding on anything concrete. Once we have a couple of theories, I'll get an appointment with a doctor to talk things through and possibly get a stable diagnosis. It'll take a while before anyone knows what's going on with me

I hope it all works out for you, and that you have some answers to a possible diagnosis sooner than later.

I am calling my landlord today about the people living above me.  Way too loud, into the late evening (10-11 PM).  Last night they were doing something so loud that it was vibrating my light fixture as well as something with regard to pounding on the floor (Idk what they were actually doing; it sure sounded like that though).  And that is just one example from the past couple-few weeks.

I don't know how I'll even start telling my landlord about this situation.  But it has to be done, because I can't live like this, at least not when this happens late at night.

My headaches have been crazy bad for the last 6 mo. I'm having many 10 and 11 day stretches of them. Thursday and Friday were two "days off," and DH and I were stunned and amazed. They can start at any time of day, so I never know what's going to happen. It's insane. It seems like once again, one of my caretakers is throwing up her hands as to what to try next.

Because my GP chimed in the other day wanting me to decrease lamictal to a third of what I am taking, pdoc puts me back on a small dose of abilify (which I felt like a human off of it) and now I have to have blood work done to get a lamictal level and others to check my liver, etc.  Then after the results are looked at by both DRs, I might have to change doses of lamictal (possibly), when I am fine on the 600 mg/day.  It will depend on the blood levels. 

So I am thinking, lowering the lamictal might mess my moods up, something that has been under control mostly, for a long time how.  But if I don't lower the lamictal, then GP most likely won't have any more ideas about the night sweats and shivering waking me up at night.  When his mind is on one thing is just focuses on that thing; like tunnel vision.  (You'd have to know him to completely understand what I am talking about).  So I am fucked all the way around.

Idk if this is even a complaint, but yesterday pdoc really behaved towards me (treated me in a cold way and it was his way/opinion or nothing.  I had no say in anything that I was explaining how I was experiencing things ... he shot down every thing I said with really lame excuses) in a way that I have never experienced him behave towards me before in the past 13 years. 

And I would never in my life do anything to hurt myself, but while sitting in his office the word "suicide" floated in front of me, which caught me off-guard.  It didn't influence anything because I'd never do that, but nothing like that has happened before.  I think it was because I was so depressed that the word floated in front of me.  I was not actively thinking about that either ... I haven't ever thought of that in 13 years since knowing pdoc.

On 10/15/2016 at 5:06 AM, melissaw72 said:

Because my GP chimed in the other day wanting me to decrease lamictal to a third of what I am taking, pdoc puts me back on a small dose of abilify (which I felt like a human off of it) and now I have to have blood work done to get a lamictal level and others to check my liver, etc.  Then after the results are looked at by both DRs, I might have to change doses of lamictal (possibly), when I am fine on the 600 mg/day.  It will depend on the blood levels. 

So I am thinking, lowering the lamictal might mess my moods up, something that has been under control mostly, for a long time how.  But if I don't lower the lamictal, then GP most likely won't have any more ideas about the night sweats and shivering waking me up at night.  When his mind is on one thing is just focuses on that thing; like tunnel vision.  (You'd have to know him to completely understand what I am talking about).  So I am fucked all the way around.

Hormones do the night sweats thing to me if they are goofed up.  Do you have an Endo you could talk to?  I think doctors are so focused on what they do they forget there are other reasons that things happen.   *My oversimplified thought of the day.

1 minute ago, HAL9000 said:

Hormones do the night sweats thing to me if they are goofed up.  Do you have an Endo you could talk to?  I think doctors are so focused on what they do they forget there are other reasons that things happen.   *My oversimplified thought of the day.

Actually, interesting you should ask about an endo ... it was the endo I emailed first.  He told me to make appt with GP before seeing him. 

(in bold) Very true, maybe not for every DR, but I'm pretty sure there are lots of DRs out there where they are so focused on their specialty, that they forget there might be other reasons that things happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, melissaw72 said:

Actually, interesting you should ask about an endo ... it was the endo I emailed first.  He told me to make appt with GP before seeing him. 

(in bold) Very true, maybe not for every DR, but I'm pretty sure there are lots of DRs out there where they are so focused on their specialty, that they forget there might be other reasons that things happen.

I'm worried that he is changing stuff thats worked well for you and not trying something else rather then mess up a good combo.

I would seriously get a panel done of your hormones and see if something is low.  Some drugs depress hormones and you might just be getting an artificial menopause kind of effect.

35 minutes ago, HAL9000 said:

I'm worried that he is changing stuff thats worked well for you and not trying something else rather then mess up a good combo.

Like I said, he hasn't changed anything.  Being on less abilify, would be the only change ... and I actually feel better and can get stuff done.  I know a med change wasn't what caused this depression.  It was how I was treated by someone who has never gone to the lengths he did, to make me not heard.  And everything else ... things being his way only.  He shot down everything I said, and wouldn't let me get a word in.  And I have never in the past 13 years seen this side of him.  It is bad, and hurtful (the way he treated me).

I'll check on the hormones blood levels, but not quite yet.  I'm going to wait until I know whether the lamictal will be lowered or not. I do not want it lowered, and if they say they will, I will ask for a hormone panel of bloodwork done before we change anything, because the hormones could also cause night sweats if the levels are off.  I'm going to stretch it, so I don't have to lower lamictal any time soon.  I don't even know why pdoc would want to lower it in the first place.  That whole situation is a fucked up mess.

On 10/8/2016 at 0:29 PM, crtclms said:

My headaches have been crazy bad for the last 6 mo. I'm having many 10 and 11 day stretches of them. Thursday and Friday were two "days off," and DH and I were stunned and amazed. They can start at any time of day, so I never know what's going to happen. It's insane. It seems like once again, one of my caretakers is throwing up her hands as to what to try next.

How've your headaches been the past week or two? I don't envy you, migraines are very painful. I haven't had one in about a year, but I have that sumitriptan (is that how you spell it?) for just in case. Hope you are getting relief from yours.

The people upstairs are still at it with all the noise.  I can see a tiny difference, in terms of quieting down, but nothing significant.

My landlord has even talked to them more than once, their landlord has talked to them more than once.  I know their lease is up in I think February (or close to) and I am really hoping they leave.

It is so ridiculous.  These people just don't really care about shit.

We smell cigarette smoke in our apartment and don't know which neighbor it is that is smoking inside their apartment (illegal to do so). Somehow it is getting inside ours, and there are so many reasons why that is super uncool, So we're going to have to tell the manager to put a note on everyone's door on the building, (including ours so it doesn't look like we're the ones tattling) as a reminder not to do so.

Minor, but my phone is driving me nuts.  It randomly hits enter and gives spaces where there shouldn't be (I'm not pushing it), it adds on random words that aren't the ones I'm typing (like I finish a word and it writes a new one after), and some other things solved by me turning text prediction off.  There's also the lack of battery life, but that's pretty typical.

i can't wait for the iPhone 6s to flood the market now that its post Christmas so I can get a cheaper one while everyone else does their 7s.

19 hours ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

We smell cigarette smoke in our apartment and don't know which neighbor it is that is smoking inside their apartment (illegal to do so). Somehow it is getting inside ours, and there are so many reasons why that is super uncool, So we're going to have to tell the manager to put a note on everyone's door on the building, (including ours so it doesn't look like we're the ones tattling) as a reminder not to do so.

(I'm guessing it is the 'after-smell' of smoke, and not as if the person/s were smoking in front of you)?

I don't smell the smoke as if someone is smoking next to me (or whatever), but I smell the 'after-smell' of smoke all the time because the guy living across the hall from me smokes constantly, and the smell goes out into the hallway and under my door so then I smell it.  The person next to me also gets the smell through his door, so the stale smell travels down the hall too.  And there isn't anything anyone can do.  Unfortunately I just have to deal with it.

I wish it was illegal to smoke here where I live.  The only restriction here is that you can't smoke near to the doors to go outside.  Have to go way over by the dumpster.

I would definitely talk to the manager and ask for a reminder note to be on everyone's door.  I'd also ask to put a sign by every door leading to the outside of the building.

2 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

(I'm guessing it is the 'after-smell' of smoke, and not as if the person/s were smoking in front of you)?

I don't smell the smoke as if someone is smoking next to me (or whatever), but I smell the 'after-smell' of smoke all the time because the guy living across the hall from me smokes constantly, and the smell goes out into the hallway and under my door so then I smell it.  The person next to me also gets the smell through his door, so the stale smell travels down the hall too.  And there isn't anything anyone can do.  Unfortunately I just have to deal with it.

I wish it was illegal to smoke here where I live.  The only restriction here is that you can't smoke near to the doors to go outside.  Have to go way over by the dumpster.

I would definitely talk to the manager and ask for a reminder note to be on everyone's door.  I'd also ask to put a sign by every door leading to the outside of the building.

Yeah it's the 'after-smoke' smell. Not like standing in front of us, but that pungent odor that comes afterward. I called the manager and today he said he is putting up notices on everyone's doors to not smoke inside the apartments, and only to use the balconies. We have a bad draft so that might be detrimental to us as well but at least we won't be able to smell it in the bedroom!

1 hour ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Yeah it's the 'after-smoke' smell. Not like standing in front of us, but that pungent odor that comes afterward. I called the manager and today he said he is putting up notices on everyone's doors to not smoke inside the apartments, and only to use the balconies. We have a bad draft so that might be detrimental to us as well but at least we won't be able to smell it in the bedroom!

I'm glad management listened and is doing something about it.

Edited by melissaw72

All I have to say is:  the fuckin dryer ... either stops before an hour, or doesn't dry all the way.  So I had to waste quarters on drying the load a second time in the other dryer.  At least I didn't have to be anywhere this morning where drying for 2 hours would make me late.

I bought cards last year that I thought were blank and bought specifically for that fact (because I send Happy New Year's cards).  Turns out they weren't blank.  So now I have to include" (side note--it's hard to find a good new year's card). 

I do New Year's because there are enough people who don't celebrate Christmas where I'd rather send a happy holiday season and then there are enough that are so devoutly christian that they'd be offended by said happy holiday season.  So my compromise is to skip all of it and just send best wishes for 2017.