CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Wooster

THE COMPLAINT BOX

31 minutes ago, dancesintherain said:

so devoutly christian that they'd be offended by said happy holiday season. 

Oh jeez, this is really lame. So many cultures and types of people all over the world and christians get offended when you don't pick THEIR holiday to say! 

On 12/29/2016 at 8:14 AM, melissaw72 said:

I'm glad management listened and is doing something about it.

They put notices up but a lot of good it did... same problem. Someone is smoking either on our own level, or below us somewhere - we have no idea, and it hasn't stopped.

Agreed it's lame.  But without a baby Jesus and a celebration of christs birth, there's apparently no purpose to the card.  I both refuse to send it (I'm agnostic) and don't see what's offensive about a "peace on earth and love and happiness to your families" card.

2 hours ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Oh jeez, this is really lame. So many cultures and types of people all over the world and christians get offended when you don't pick THEIR holiday to say! 

They put notices up but a lot of good it did... same problem. Someone is smoking either on our own level, or below us somewhere - we have no idea, and it hasn't stopped.

The smoke could be coming through the heater too.

(in bold)  I know, right?  Seriously.  Now Happy Holiday isn't even politically correct!

1 hour ago, dancesintherain said:

and don't see what's offensive about a "peace on earth and love and happiness to your families" card.

That is the thing ... there isn't anything offensive about it.

1 minute ago, melissaw72 said:

The smoke could be coming through the heater too.

Hmm maybe you're onto something, the furnace goes throughout the building I am assuming...

My telephone service for the land line is terrible. I need my land line for the internet, and in the last two weeks or so it's been out at least half of the time. I think the telephone company just doesn't want to invest in infrastructure anymore or they are just plain greedy. I ought to demand a pro rated bill for all the time I haven't had service. This is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, jt07 said:

My telephone service for the land line is terrible. I need my land line for the internet, and in the last two weeks or so it's been out at least half of the time. I think the telephone company just doesn't want to invest in infrastructure anymore or they are just plain greedy. I ought to demand a pro rated bill for all the time I haven't had service. This is ridiculous. 

You probably are allowed this already by law. Generally it has to be for at least a certain amount of time. You can also make complaints to the regulatory agency for that utility. It varies by state who it is. Names like the Public Regulatory Agency. 

You should keep some simple records as to when the phone service is working or not. Then simply call the phone company and tell them to pro rate your service due to extended outages. Most utilities have to refund you for lost service but the catch is often you have to ask for it.

I ordered a package to be delivered today at my workplace and I get off at 2pm. It's been delayed due to weather between Colorado and Salt Lake City and so they don't know when I'll get it. I was HOPING to get it today because the other items were received this morning. Ugh

2 hours ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Still no package. ARGH @$!#!

I hate when that happens.

1 hour ago, melissaw72 said:

I hate when that happens.

Right? It says it is coming today, but I sent it to my work address and UPS comes right after I leave for the day. And my GF works here at night, and I don't want her to see the package lol... good greif.

Waiting 2 hours for a 5 minute appt really sucks.  The DR shouldn't book people so close together, IMO.  When I got there, there were 10 people ahead of me. :wall:

Edited by melissaw72

The cat woke me up 30 minutes early for her breakfast today. She's supposed to meow in my face at 5am not 4:30. So... Energy drink this morning. ugh...

My husband came home from a church meeting and decided he was going to pull the ." Spiritual head of family " bullshit and that's when he said I needed to act and dress more modestly have the household colpletely including the kids managed more appropriately and that I had become flippant . He said now that I was only working 3 days a week I needed to volunteer twice a week at church I may only work 3 days a week but I still work 36-49 hours 

I went nuclear ...., I quit the church and he kept yanking the letter out of my hand so I emailed it . I stopped my retirement and pay checks from going into joint account and haven't spoken to him in days 

now I know I an way over reacting but this happened in a particularly bad time in my life . I have not cooked cleaned nor spoken to him since Sunday I walked in last night he shoved a plate of macaroni and cheese at me and I threw the plate against the fireplace ... yes I know very juvenile but the whole mac and cheese was just his way of slamming me and damn it I really liked that plate and have to go to Macy's now

anyway and chat person is pissing me off I may have to joking the ranks with Zoey because someone needs to stop this asshole from playing fucked up games in chat 

18 hours ago, JustDucky said:

anyway and chat person is pissing me off I may have to joking the ranks with Zoey because someone needs to stop this asshole from playing fucked up games in chat 

I'd tell this to admin ...

----------------

That sucks about your husband treating you like that.  You don't deserve that at all.  I would have had a similar reaction to your. 

I think after awhile of you not doing things for him (and all else you (smartly) did), he might appreciate you more ... he might not realize how much you do until you aren't around.

now I know I an way over reacting but this happened in a particularly bad time in my life .

I don't think you over-reacted.

ETA: clarification ... When I said, "he might not realize how much you do until you aren't around."  I meant that he will probably regret what he did in time, but by then it will be too late and you might be out of there for good.

Edited by melissaw72
  • Like 1

Agreed-JustDucky, I find your husband's behavior a bit frightening.  I think you should talk to a professional.  Good grief.  Who are you supposed to be-Michelle Duggar?  I find his behavior again,inappropriate to say the least and perhaps abusive, I hate to say, at worst. 

My husband came home from a church meeting and decided he was going to pull the ." Spiritual head of family " bullshit and that's when he said I needed to act and dress more modestly have the household colpletely including the kids managed more appropriately and that I had become flippant . He said now that I was only working 3 days a week I needed to volunteer twice a week at church I may only work 3 days a week but I still work 36-49 hours 

I went nuclear ...., I quit the church and he kept yanking the letter out of my hand so I emailed it . I stopped my retirement and pay checks from going into joint account and haven't spoken to him in days 

now I know I an way over reacting but this happened in a particularly bad time in my life . I have not cooked cleaned nor spoken to him since Sunday I walked in last night he shoved a plate of macaroni and cheese at me and I threw the plate against the fireplace ... yes I know very juvenile but the whole mac and cheese was just his way of slamming me and damn it I really liked that plate and have to go to Macy's now

How are you doing today?

I agree with @CeruleanBlue that your husband's anger/behavior is frightening and abusive.  Do you have someone you can talk to about this?

I'm pretty sure this is domestic violence. Here is some info on it:

( http://ncadv.org/learn-more/what-is-domestic-violence ):

Domestic violence is the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior as part of a systematic pattern of power and control perpetrated by one intimate partner against another. It includes physical violence, sexual violence, psychological violence, and emotional abuse. The frequency and severity of domestic violence can vary dramatically; however, the one constant component of domestic violence is one partner’s consistent efforts to maintain power and control over the other.

http://family.findlaw.com/domestic-violence/what-is-domestic-violence.html

Definition of Domestic Violence

According to the United States Department of Justices Office on Violence Against Women, the definition of domestic violence is a pattern of abusive behavior in any relationship that is used by one partner to gain or maintain control over another intimate partner. Many forms of abuse are included in the definition of domestic violence ...

Edited by melissaw72

At work there was an open position and the assistant manager applied but the manager of a different department got it instead, and no one likes her... and the assistant manager put in her 2 weeks notice (but then left and never showed up again). So now I have to try and avoid this lady that no one likes. She works in my building now again (she used to before her other position) and it is annoying.