CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Wooster

THE COMPLAINT BOX

You know, you'd think the owner of the building I am in would get a clue and get the damn dryer so it dries all the way.  And now the washing machines are leaking water on the floor. 

Like WTF, you know?  The thing with the dryer has been going on forever it seems, and today was the first day I saw the water ... but from looking at the floor it seems to have been going on for a few days.

Our window in the bedroom bubbled then broke and is now leaking water onto the floor (we put cups down). No one has come despite calls.

1 hour ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Our window in the bedroom bubbled then broke and is now leaking water onto the floor (we put cups down). No one has come despite calls.

That totally sucks ... keep calling because you don't want mold there.  You might not get any mold (because of the cups) , but with water there is always a chance.

Major complaint box: My company is having a hostile takeover by another company that is acquiring it and I've heard nothing but layoffs from other companies that this same company has bought. Now we don't know what we would do!!! Since we're a joint venture in another state than headquarters is located, we don't know what would become of us specifically, either. They announce it officially today. Crap!!!

54 minutes ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Major complaint box: My company is having a hostile takeover by another company that is acquiring it and I've heard nothing but layoffs from other companies that this same company has bought. Now we don't know what we would do!!! Since we're a joint venture in another state than headquarters is located, we don't know what would become of us specifically, either. They announce it officially today. Crap!!!

I hope you aren't laid off!

2 hours ago, nervousbat said:

I have an enormous bleeping canker swore directly on my bottom lip and can't eat, drink or brush my teeth without blinding pain. It's so bad my lip is visibly puffy on one side. It is the worst canker swore I can remember. I tried a home remedy but now it is hundred times worse! It's angry and throbbing and swollen. I think it has become sentient and plans to kill me. Pray for me. 

I highly suggest getting that checked by a DR at this point.  That doesn't sound (to me) like a "normal" canker sore, and maybe it could have started to get infected (see bold).

1 hour ago, nervousbat said:

Yeah, I think that is a good plan. I'll definitely do that. 

I hope the DR gives you an ointment or cream or an antibiotic (if needed) to cover it up so it can heal. 

Personally, and this is not something I've tried with canker sores ... but if I get a cut or something, I put manuka honey on it (not regular honey) and it goes away faster than it normally would without the manuka honey.  It is expensive and I get it from Amazon, but it lasts so long it is worth the price.  And it works.  It is antibacterial honey. 

http://www.webmd.boots.com/vitamins-and-minerals/manuka-honey

^^ good article, easy read, explains things well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

I hope not either!!!

I think you said you find out today?

1 minute ago, melissaw72 said:

I think you said you find out today?

Yesterday we found out (2 differerent conference calls) officially, but no one knows anything yet. It has to go to th e government regulatory process first before they can start changing policy. 

On Monday I have to call my landlord again about the people upstairs.  Last night was a fuckin nightmare, and it was the same as it was when I had to complain the very first time.  Idk what their problem is. 

Got new glasses and, as my eye doctor predicted theyre taking forever for me to adjust and I'm starting to feel pretty much like i can't do anything but stay in the house because i can't drive liike this.  started last night and nowhere close.  it's the first time I've had this big of a change in  prescription before.

3 hours ago, dancesintherain said:

Got new glasses and, as my eye doctor predicted theyre taking forever for me to adjust and I'm starting to feel pretty much like i can't do anything but stay in the house because i can't drive liike this.  started last night and nowhere close.  it's the first time I've had this big of a change in  prescription before.

I'm very picky about my glasses. I won't accept any glasses that I have to take a week or more to adjust to. A day or two maybe, but otherwise I think they got the prescription wrong. Either too strong or the wrong astigmatism adjustment.

thanks jt.. my tolerance is low.  i started last night (Friday) and I was complaining Saturday morning.  My doctor said if it took more than a weekend to call him and they'd try something different.  My eyes are just weird (one near-sighted, one far-sighted, one with crazy astigmatism, one without, one really strong prescription, one not).

So I need to give it longer than 20 hours, of which 9 included sleep ;-)  But i agree with you that if it takes a while I'll need something new.

I haven't seen Ash since Thursday. It's the first time in months that Ash and I have spent more than a day apart, and I'm so lost and lonely. We didn't get in a fight or anything... I'm just sick. Their mom (who they live with) is medically fragile, so I can't risk passing my cold to her. So I'm banished until I get better.

I've spent the past few days in bed, between being sick and missing Ash.

8 hours ago, SoaringRaven said:

I haven't seen Ash since Thursday. It's the first time in months that Ash and I have spent more than a day apart, and I'm so lost and lonely. We didn't get in a fight or anything... I'm just sick. Their mom (who they live with) is medically fragile, so I can't risk passing my cold to her. So I'm banished until I get better.

I've spent the past few days in bed, between being sick and missing Ash.

That totally sucks.  Can you talk on the phone?

10 hours ago, melissaw72 said:

That totally sucks.  Can you talk on the phone?

Yup! But I'm definitely the type of person who needs human contact, so this is hard for me. I'm almost better, but chances are I'll be snowed in tomorrow and will be unable to see them until after work on Wednesday.