CrazyBoards.org

pdoc wants to put me on an SSRI again

So is the ssri for depression or for anxiety or OCD or what?

Which one did you use before and what dose made you hypomanic?

If your anxiety is controlled or you don't have any would wellbutrin or cymbalta be options?

You do have the right to refuse anything but it is better to convince the Doc if you can so that you do not become an "uncooperative" patient.

CC~

In those 5 months being off all ssri's did you add in or up one of your mood stablizers? Is he thinking you are more stable now?

Have you asked on the BP board what otehrs have found helpful besides ssri's?

Wish I could help more.

You did say you don't remember anything bad happening on lexapro, so why did you discontinue it?

CC~

Hi, Jillbelle,

and was yanked off them about 3 weeks ago.

Hmmmm. The thing is, lots of folk have increased mood problems while going off SSRIs. Even though it's not typical, they can last for six weeks or more. It does tend to level out after awhile. You might want to talk with your doc about whether your current moods could be related to going off the SSRIs.

Greeny

Ahhhhhhhhhhh now I get it!

SO sorry I was confused.

Yes going cold turkey off of ssri's can be a terrible experience. That is why it isn't often recomended unless you are in a mania or having a bad reaction. I guess he thought it was an emergency situation for you.

If he does not agree to let you have a low dose ssri back then I hope he will agree to some other anti-anxiety med.

Hang in there and don't suffer too long make sure you tell them how bad you feel.

CC~

Well probably not good if there are other things that will help.

I am hoping he has some options for you, Im sure he will.

I was just thinking for some it is possible to get by with low doses but if you are that sensative then it may indeed be better to stay far away.

Mixed states are hell and I know we cannot think well when in them so you may have to trust him this time and hope he is right, with whatever it may be.

Hang in there. Let us know how it goes.

CC~

Archived