CrazyBoards.org

Any similarity between AP / AAP & Wellbutrin ?

I know both have affects on the dopamine system. 

I am getting ready to go off a AP, not by choice, and wondering if the Wellbutrin (which I could afford) might help with psychotic episodes by working on the same brain receptors.. Depamine blockers, or whatever it is. 

Please take it easy on me - I am not well versed on AP / AAP medications yet .. 

No I do not believe wellbutrin can help with psychosis. It is an AD and not an AAP or AP. It did not help my psychosis at all anyways. Unless your psychosis is tied to depressive episodes, staving off the depression may lead to no psychotic symptoms. So in that respect...maybe? But generally it will not help if you are in the midst of a psychotic episode. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Did you try   http://www.pparx.org/   yet? I really hope that helps you out. I think it will.

I'm on Wellbutrin and Latuda. They way my doc explained it to me, they actually work a bit against each other. One increases, the other decreases, so it's really a balancing act. I can't remember which is which, but I want to say that the Latuda ramps stuff down. So that's a long way of saying that Wellbutrin isn't going to help with psychosis as I understand it.