CrazyBoards.org

I'm scared to do this but here goes! I am 21, a Navy wife, and a psychology major. I have huge issues with anxiety (some social anxiety too), depression, and concentration. I'm a real quiet person most of the time, mainly because I'm stuck in my head. I think too much and say too little.

I love taking pictures, reading, playing with my cute cat, meditation/yoga, and going on mini-adventures with my husband. Like to the beach or the park or the mall.

Adjusting to this whole Navy wife thing is turning my world upside down. It brought back problems I thought I overcame times a billion and a half. :/ I really need other "crazy people" to relate to, because no one else understands. 

I'm really sweet and like to listen, so feel free to talk to me. :)

Hi.  I have schizophrenia and two cats.  Also a kid and a husband who was in the marines and the navy.  (Not at the same time!)  My first husband was in the navy and stationed on a boat when he had to come back because I lost it.

Sorry that you are having a hard time.  Champus (do they even have that anymore?) covered a lot of my hospitalization.  I don't know how they would cover your meds.  Vistaril and Buspar work well for my anxiety.  Celexa worked well too.

Hi.  I have schizophrenia and two cats.  Also a kid and a husband who was in the marines and the navy.  (Not at the same time!)  My first husband was in the navy and stationed on a boat when he had to come back because I lost it.

Sorry that you are having a hard time.  Champus (do they even have that anymore?) covered a lot of my hospitalization.  I don't know how they would cover your meds.  Vistaril and Buspar work well for my anxiety.  Celexa worked well too.

MrTastybutt...I can't even type that without smiling xD

I didn't know they COULD come back for that. I just thought when they leave you're basically screwed no matter what. I'm glad you know the lifestyle though, And the "mental issues" lifestyle. ha

I'm on TriCare prime.. so it covers everything. I'm really lucky in that sense. I'm about to start Zoloft to treat the anxiety and depression at the same time. Have you tried it? I'm scared of medications just because the only ones I've tried gave me a weird reaction instead of actually helping...Gotta be brave though so I can get better.

hey kittykatness you are gorgeous..hope u can feel better with your problems and find a way to solve the negativity..i love music :)

thanks :) and the same to you. i love music too! Death Cab for Cutie is my happy music. I like other indie music similar to them, and then I like hardcore like ADTR and The Devil Wears Prada. Also Thrice, Brand New, Parkway Drive, and I can't think of anything else right now cause my brain's tired. lol. What do you listen to?

I didn't know they COULD come back for that. I just thought when they leave you're basically screwed no matter what. I'm glad you know the lifestyle though, And the "mental issues" lifestyle. ha

I'm on TriCare prime.. so it covers everything. I'm really lucky in that sense. I'm about to start Zoloft to treat the anxiety and depression at the same time. Have you tried it? I'm scared of medications just because the only ones I've tried gave me a weird reaction instead of actually helping...Gotta be brave though so I can get better.

My first husband was in Abu Dhabi I think.   They let him come back for multiple reasons.  He was the sole provider for our son because my mother in law (his mom) was going to put him up for adoption.  It was really messed up and I don't remember how they listed it on his DD214.

Zoloft worked well for my anxiety but did nothing for my depression.  It may work well for you.  That's something that your brain will decide.  I wish they just made one pill that handles everything and cures cancer, but it doesn't work that way.

YET.  I have hope.

It's kewl.....Okay I have anxiety and I can imagine what thoughts you go thru....I think every minute of the day like you and what I do say is either in writing here or to my family r roommates. Yoga is very good and I know that breathing techniques work also. Do you have a pdoc or therapist. They can help you get adjusted. Be strong and You'll fit right in here.

haha you are so cool..i love ATDI..when i was younger i listened to them..love the scissor song cant remember the name haha..

some of my favorite bands.

RADIOHEAD

FOO FIGHTERS

DEFTONES :)

Scissor song?? How does it go, I can't think of that one...

I'm not cool. I'm actually pretty dorky and boring. Seriously.

You made me want to listen to "Creep" :D I love Radiohead. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here, I don't belong here <3 

My sister loves Deftones and has tried to get me to listen to them but I think they are too intense for me. I will keep listening and see though :) And I love Nirvana, so maybe I'll like Foo Fighters.

:) thanks for the reply.

honestly i havent listened to ATDI in a very long time and i am not a fan of that type of music anymore..awesome you like radiohead, so do i..no doubt i have listened to those dudes for a long time..i heard creep on the radio a long time ago and that song made me love that band..the deftones do have some intense songs, i honestly get into bad angry moods sometimes cause i get treated terrible sometimes and need to be able to release the anger without getting into trouble.

the foo fighters are an amazing band but dont force yourself if you feel uncomfortable fo realz, oh also i love KREAYSHAWN's music. :) thanks again for your reply. hope you have a comfortable fun day.

It's kewl.....Okay I have anxiety and I can imagine what thoughts you go thru....I think every minute of the day like you and what I do say is either in writing here or to my family r roommates. Yoga is very good and I know that breathing techniques work also. Do you have a pdoc or therapist. They can help you get adjusted. Be strong and You'll fit right in here.

Yeah I have both. Every day is a struggle to be strong, especially because I don't have any friends where we're stationed. I only have my husband to talk to. And he doesn't understand any of what I go through with anxiety or depression lol I'm just "upset" in his mind. I'm tired of being weird for having my problems. Being here is like a huuuuge breath of fresh air :D

My first husband was in Abu Dhabi I think.   They let him come back for multiple reasons.  He was the sole provider for our son because my mother in law (his mom) was going to put him up for adoption.  It was really messed up and I don't remember how they listed it on his DD214.

Zoloft worked well for my anxiety but did nothing for my depression.  It may work well for you.  That's something that your brain will decide.  I wish they just made one pill that handles everything and cures cancer, but it doesn't work that way.

YET.  I have hope.

Wow that's fucked up :/ yeah the hard frustrating part is trying out different medications. Not finding one for my previous depression (years ago) is what made me give up on medication all together. It seemed like I tried dozens. But I'm willing to try again, because I feel like I don't have any other options.

I have hope too. :)

Welcome kitty!

I am also a Navy wife. It can be difficult when you have anxiety & are quiet (I know too well!), because you move around a lot. However, the Navy is a bit more family oriented than the Marine Corp. Generally if they are overseas (on a boat) they will be sent home during family emergencies. In the desert however, not as easily (corpsmen run a little differently). As well your local base will have programs for wives (especially wives for deployed Sailors). Something that might be worth looking into :)

On the crazee stuff, I completely understand. We have a lot of the same attributes & issues. If you ever need to talk or relate PM me.

BTW Foo Fighters is a lot different that Nirvana, even though Dave is in it :P They are more hard rock & a lot less grudge (although it's still good). They aren't really hardcore at all though. The lyrics are about the same (maybe even less) severe than Nirvana. And their instrumentals are not hardcore, just hard rock :)

Do you like any newer music? All the music you've listed I have listened to, but in my younger days (And I am only 25 lol) :P