CrazyBoards.org

New Here And Afraid - Recently Out Of The Hospital

Hello,

I am really nervous to post.  I am not even sure I belong here.

I just got out of the hospital for being "psychotic"

Now I am in a "severe depression"

I was diagnosed with Bipolar I and now I am diagnosed with Schizoaffective.

I am on a medical leave from work and the thing I can do the best right now is cry.

I still hear the voices sometimes but I avoid the PRN.

I want to deal but am not sure how.

I have called the hotline when not safe.

I am tired and lost.

I have seen the world around me crumble.

Is there anyone out there that has survived this?

Thoughts?

Comments?

Am I alone?

I have schizophrenia.  I've been in and out of the hospital many times.  It's scary each time but I have a great support team of my psychiatrist and therapist.  I also have family which has been immensely helpful.

I've done short term and long term medical leave from work.  Getting the paperwork together was the hardest part for me.  I've survived and done well outside of the hospital.

I hope you keep posting.

Thank you for your support

I am not young but I live with my parents and they help a great deal

They help me with all the medications and are there for support although sometimes I shut them off because I don't want to be a burden

I am not sure what is next

I am trying not to isolate because it gives me so much time to think

I do isolate anyway, isolate and just cry, other times I just get a knot in my stomach

Sometimes I get the energy surge, that is what I call it, but it is in a negative way so I hold on for dear life.

I do not have face to face friends, not complaining, just stating a fact

I miss work but am simply not able to do it at this moment

Thank you for your support

Sorry if I posted incorrectly 

I am a bit confused

You posted just fine.  I like to welcome new people who come here, so that they understand that we are glad to have them.

Don't be afraid to ask a moderator if there is anything you don't understand.

Welcome to Crazyboards!

olga

greetings,

i' ve been in and out of the hospital a lot

i don't think you're alone

but it is tough to not feel that way at these times

are you in a day program or php or iop?

a lot of those things suck to do but showing up can be a win in itself.

best to you and as others said, i hope yo ukeep posting

Welcome to Crazyboards. You are posting just fine. I'm sorry you are scared and struggling. I have been where you are and I know it is very lonely. I hope you continue to get the support from your family, I know it is hard not to think of yourself as a burden, but you are working to get better and your family wants to see that as much as you do. Allowing them to help you heal doesn't make you a burden, it makes them feel less helpless. Take care of yourself. 

Welcome to CB! :) Your post was perfectly fine. 

I also have schizoaffective disorder. You are not alone. I'm sorry you're struggling so much. You have found a supportive community here at CB. 

I'm curious, why do you avoid your PRN? It is there to help you when you need it. 

You are certainly not alone. I have been psychotic a few times and I know it's awful. It really turns your world upside down. Hospitalization can be rough too. 

Please feel free to keep posting, and ask for support when you need it. We are here to support you. :)

And, like Olga said, feel free to contact a moderator (Olga and I are moderators, along with many others, you can tell because it says "inmate" under our avatars) if you have any questions or concerns. 

I just got done with over a month of partial hospitalization and I also have schizoaffective.  Don't be scared, this is a good place to be.  There are lots of people just like you on here.  This might sound scary to you, but if you ever feel alone and need people to talk to, try the chatroom.  It's a good place to "be with" other people and talk about whatever.  Everyone has always been very nice to me in there.

Hi there. I'm glad you found CB. I hope you find it helpful. I do.

I have schizoaffective too. I'm sorry you have the same. It can be rather rough. As can hospitalizations. I've been through my share of those as well. Including long term.

Your post was just fine. You may enjoy writing a blog too, which this site also offers.