CrazyBoards.org

driving driving driving

does anyone else get kind of hypomanic and just want to drive?

like i sort of just want to get in my car and see where i end up.  

but my roommate needsto borrow the car dtormmmorwo

tomorrow

she needs to borrow the car tomorrow, so i can't just take it i guess because then i'd be an inconsiderate ass.

i live in Chicago and want to drive to Kansas City to see a boy.

this is probably a bad idea.

maybe i'll just go and turn around and come back?  i've done it before.

i'm sorry for this post.  i'm sorry i'm so sorry.

God, yes, this is me. I get the itch to hit the interstates. I'm kinda feeling it now. Once, when I was 19, I drove like 2,000 miles across the country on a whim and stayed in cheap motels for two weeks. Didn't take anything with me but a carton of cigarettes, so I bought new clothes along the way and showered in truck stops.

I live in Louisville, KY, I've driven to Chicago for the hell of it a bunch of times. Right now I have a plane ticket to Sacramento where this guy I haven't seen in 7 years lives and I'm dying to go. I'm going to try to hold off till fall break.

Yeah. The farthest I drove on a whim was San Francisco to Calgary to visit a friend. I've hopped in the car and drove 600 miles to Las Vegas because I felt like playing a slot machine. I don't really gamble. Used to take impromptu drives to visit friends in WA state and/or Vancouver often. Then bipolar got ugly and I stopped trusting myself to drive even around home.

I don't know what my Dx is but I get this too...I just wanna go and go and go until I'm somewhere I've never been. I've driven about 800 miles south before for no good reason really... Plus when I'm all edgy at home, sometimes I just hop in the car and drive aimlessly on the interstate or a backroad....this is especially true if I'm fighting with H--when I wind up hysterical, I just drive... probably not a great idea but neither is bashing him with a shovel, so I figure this is a safer option...

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2013 at 0:19 AM, Brokendishes said:

I don't know what my Dx is but I get this too...I just wanna go and go and go until I'm somewhere I've never been. I've driven about 800 miles south before for no good reason really... Plus when I'm all edgy at home, sometimes I just hop in the car and drive aimlessly on the interstate or a backroad....this is especially true if I'm fighting with H--when I wind up hysterical, I just drive... probably not a great idea but neither is bashing him with a shovel, so I figure this is a safer option...

Edited by guest_hamster

sounds like it is popular to randomly want to drive!! :o

glad to know i'm not alone ^.^

i like driving around town. sometimes i randomly decide to go down by the river, or up on the cliffs, or explore areas i haven't seen for a while, or ones i've never seen just because i'm curious what happens if i "go that way".

hahaha i'm taking a spontaneous trip to australia in a few months....only a month into planning XD that doesn't count as driving, but yepyep. being spontaneous

idk if that needs a DX or if it even has one but..yep

:P

when you think about it, it sounds a little like an abusive behaviour - like overdoing it with drugs, alcohol, food, sex, money.... add driving to the mix. i've stayed away from getting my license and a car of late, as i'm aware that a % of suicides in australia are "car accidents".

then again, it could be a positive thing - sort of like the aboriginal tradition of going walkabout - except with a car. walking would be a slightly healthier/cheaper option.

/end parental type rant

When i'm feeling depressed, but not suisidle I go for a drive just to have a change of senery. I only go with in 20 miles (becuse i'm a poor grad student with limited money for gas). I go with little plan in mind and stop sometimes and wander (i'm a huge sucker for tag sales, thrift stores, book stores).

I find it helps to shake my 'funk' away for a while.

However since  :Trigger: **TRIGGER TRIGGER** :Trigger:

My last plan included driving my car into a tree I am mindfull of driving when not feeling my base line.