CrazyBoards.org

Mobic/meloxicam and valium for muscle pain

larkspur

Hi all,

Over the past year and a half I've gone through intensive treatments for myofascial pain syndrome, including ultrasound, TENS, manual adjustment, physical therapy, and muscle relaxants. I just recently started a job that requires me to be on my feet all day, and my pain is flaring up something awful. I went and saw my GP today, and he prescribed me meloxicam after I was reluctant about Celebrex because of the cost. He also prescribed 2mg of Valium every 6 hours as needed for muscle relaxation, hoping that that works better for me than the others (Zanaflex, baclofen, etc.) ever did. 

Do any of you have experience taking meloxicam and did you experience significant pain relief? I am a little nervous that I can't double up with aspirin (as I have been doing with OTC naproxen), and I'm not sure how good of a job it will do at relieving my muscular pain. 

Any experiences with low-dose Valium for muscle relaxation would be appreciated, too.

I don't have any experience with valium but I do with the meloxicam.  It was like aspirin for me as far as the anti-inflammatory process.  It didn't do anything for my pain but on the other hand I only took it once a day.  I;ve been off of it since they started me on tramadol and to be honest, I don't think it did anything for me.  I hope it works well for you.

Thanks for your feedback about the meloxicam. I'm not sure if it's doing much yet, but I am on the max dose (15mg once a day) and apparently it builds up in your system over time. I would ask to try tramadol but I'm not sure if it would interact with my antidepressants and cause serotonin syndrome.