CrazyBoards.org

my anxiety is at a greater high than it has been in a really long time. and there is really no reason for it. I will suddenly have a major anxiety attack over something that is relatively minor. something that I realize that I haven't done and that I need to take care of. a missed phone call. an errand left undone. nothing earth-shattering. but I will be utterly terrified. and it is happening 2-3 times a day.

normally I will take a klonopin at night before I go to bed and it does a relatively good job of handling my generalized anxiety. but I woke up today with an anxiety attack. from deep sleep to gasping fear in the span of a moment. it took forever to calm down. For the second time this week I took a klonopin in the early part of the day.

I almost called my pdoc. didn't because there really isn't much that he can do other than to tell me to take my prn klonopin until I see him next week on Tuesday. I have increased my dose from once a day to bid a couple of times in the past when the anxiety was bad, and he has never had a problem because my overall use has not increased.

so now I am dealing with increased anxiety on top of crushing depression. fantastic. my only hope is that it signals the beginning of a change of mood. hopefully to something other than a mixed episode. I would like to have a couple of months where I don't fervently wish to die.

what about all of you? what does a sudden increase of anxiety usually indicate in terms of changing mood state? or is it just another shitty symptom that I have to deal with?

what about all of you? what does a sudden increase of anxiety usually indicate in terms of changing mood state? or is it just another shitty symptom that I have to deal with?

Sometimes it means I am really stressed out about something but don't realize it at the time.  I usually take a step back and think about what is going on.  I still need a xanax, but I also try to figure out why I am stressed so the anxiety completely goes away (xanax doesn't take it all away).  Once in awhile I feel like I'm becoming hypomanic at the time, but that doesn't happen as often as the stressed out feeling.