CrazyBoards.org

I say things and make my crazy obvious.

In my travels, I go to people's houses, work, etc. and talk to people. I shouldn't. :lol: When I'm not well, I will tell people I am manic/riled up/whatever, once I told my husband's family that I saw a spaceship in the sky. (I'm assuming this was a shooting star.) I guess I wasn't completely "on" my rocker then..?

I guess this is a common thing for us crazies?

I tend to isolate but my therapist had a suggestion for when I talk to people that aren't there in public.  Wear a bluetooth device in your ear then people will just assume that you're saying stuff into that.

I like that.

I lose my filter as I go up. When my thoughts are racing to the point of confusion and obviously impaired memory (like what was the start of that five word sentence?), I isolate and apologize a lot, like annoyingly lot to the few I see. If I am paranoid, though, I don't tell people much of anything which is good since that's when I've been at my craziest. I mean, when the thought police can hear your thoughts, there really is not point telling them. That'd just give away that you are on to them. :glare:

I guess I embarrass myself in many other ways, but I don't think I tell many people about that when it happens. I always say "Oh my god! You wouldn't believe how much coffee I drank today! I can't even sit still! Sorry if I act weird" something along those lines. It's believable because I LOVE coffee. But other than knowing I shouldn't bring it up, there's no filter at all. I say wildly inappropriate things to whoever. I hate that part, ha ha.

I tell my close friends when I am feeling manic, although they can usually tell. Sometimes before I can. It can be hard to control what comes out of my mouth. No filter, indeed. Being on here and blogging has helped me get some of the crazy out of my head.

I too have blamed coffee, and occasionally Benedryl ("Oh my God, my allergies are eating me alive today and I'm so full of allergy meds that I feel like a total space case"), for some of my erratic behavior. Works every time. Only people who are really close to me need to know anything about my episodes anyway. Mostly I keep my mouth firmly shut, no matter how hard it is. Practice makes perfect.

I guess the allergy meds excuse would work. I can't blame caffeine for delusions lol. It is really hard to keep my mouth shut, I can be a part of the conversation and be totally on track and then I go off saying I believe in aliens. I really wish I had a filter sometimes. I just have something to say and it has to come out!

I guess the allergy meds excuse would work. I can't blame caffeine for delusions lol. It is really hard to keep my mouth shut, I can be a part of the conversation and be totally on track and then I go off saying I believe in aliens. I really wish I had a filter sometimes. I just have something to say and it has to come out!

That makes you an interesting person. :D

OMG, you have just hit the nail on the head with me! I say all sorts of things to people, whatever is on my mind and where I live people are conservative, reserved, don't want to say too much out loud.  Unfortunately, this means I am sort of a loony I suspect (or that could be paranoia talking).  I can feel that I am different to most people here and I miss the city so much because there were others like me there and we could be loonies together! The only crazies I see out and about here are worse than me on the whole but I have such a big mouth, I may as well be one of them at times :)

BTW - NO offence at all has been intended by my post so please do not feel that I am trying to put other MI people down or anything but I just feel like a bit of an alien since moving to the country and I have been here nearly 7 years! So miss the anonymity of the city and the other kindred spirits that were there and free to express themselves, not like here!