CrazyBoards.org

My pdoc says I'm on too many meds. I'll admit when I started seeing him I was on a metric ass load. Well just before I started seeing him. I was in the hospital and I slowly went off 2/3 of my Thorizine and 5/6 of my Klonipin. But that left me on Fanapt, Prozac, Neurotin, Synthroid, and a nightly dose of Thorizine and Klonipine. I wasn't sleeping when I started to see him so he put me on Seroqual. So that's six crazy meds, that doesn't seem so bad. I was stable, I was happy.

Last time I saw my pdoc he wanted me to start weaning off some of my meds. He wanted me to start with the Neurotin. I am taking 600 mg 3x/day. We talked about me dropping my afternoon dose and see where we get from there. So now I'm on 600 mg 2x/day. I am feeling down. I am feeling depressed. I haven't felt this way in a long while. I feel hopeless. I don't know what I'm doing, but doing anything scares me. It came on fast like a wreaking ball. 

Antecedent: I went three days without my Prozac and four days with my Fanapt at a lower dose, but I've been taking the right amounts since Monday with no relief.

So that brings me to Neurotin, that is the only thing that I have made a permanent change. Can I point my finger that way? Can I go back on my afternoon dose and feel better? Does anyone have experience going off Neurotin? Did you feel depressed symptoms? If so, for how long?

So that brings me to Neurotin, that is the only thing that I have made a permanent change. Can I point my finger that way? Can I go back on my afternoon dose and feel better? Does anyone have experience going off Neurotin? Did you feel depressed symptoms? If so, for how long?

Yes!  I was on Neurontin years ago and it was a bitch to wean down/off of.  I was depressed, edgy, irritable, just everything bothered me.  And yes, it came on for me too really fast once I started weaning down.  It took a long time to wean off of, and personally I wouldn't go back on this med if it was given to me.