CrazyBoards.org

People who work for Facebook you suck!

Facebook, there are profiles that were created back as 2008/2009 that are obviously no longer used. Why aren't they deleted? More importantly why are "Fake profiles" that get reported 100 times still there as far back as 2010? People at Facebook you suck!

It's not that the workers suck. It's that the model of "power in numbers" that the internet is based on is pretty shitty. You see, it exists entirely for advertising revenue. And the prices are better the higher the numbers are. 

Inactive profiles are still profiles. They raise the number of users, and thus, they raise the value of the advertising. 

I blame capitalism. Facebook just plays capitalism very well. That's not their fault.

What earthy reason is there for complaining about FB on CB? I am willing to bet that FB does not scan CB looking for either praise or complaints. Or, is there some nefarious connection between the two that I do not understand.

If you want to complain about another site would it not be more productive to do so there, rather than here?

One of my dear friend's FB page is still up, even though she died from a sudden illness two years ago.  I like to go there in memorial every once in a while.  So do many of her other friends, from the postings I see.  So personally, I'm glad they leave up pages.

I'm not sure why this is a big deal. Is this affecting you negatively in some way? I'm sure there are hundreds of profiles on CB that are unused... Doesn't affect us in any way.

Someone making fake profiles while pretending to be me. They get reported numerous times while we fast forward to today and the profiles are still there!!

Ofcourse this doesn't just happen to me. A LOT of people see this as an issue.

So you are claiming that because some pages haven't been touched in a while, this somehow create a menace focused on you? What if the person comes back; they are going to be understandably pissed if it is missing. And I don't understand how old profiles can be manipulated to affect you specifically. What is your theory as to how other people are out to get you in such a strange way?

I have a few friends who have died, I go to their pages on their birthday, or randomly, just because I miss them. My MOH for my wedding died about 2 years ago. I would be very upset to see her page taken down it taken down

I would be upset if someone created a fake page of me. I would try to get FB to take it down. At the same time, I can see that FB might not be able to tell who is the imposter. I mean, I could want to sabotage someone with a legit page by claiming it was a fake one of me. And, well, FB has a billion users, or some number like that.

Once you post in cyberspace, expect it to be there forever, even if someone else posted it for you. Sorry.