CrazyBoards.org

I'm just wondering if anybody has had any success with Luvox for repetitive thoughts. My doctor put me on risperdone for this and it caused me to be severely delusional. I tried to get in to see him today and his schedule was too full. So I went to a hospital and they told me I don't meet the criteria for them to help me because I don't have thoughts of harming myself or others. I'm going to call my doctor on Monday to ask if I can take Luvox. I'd really like to hear from somebody who has tried it. Did it work for you? Were there any side effects?

I've tried Luvox. It worked great for my OCD. For the first time in my life, I stopped counting. Several people in my family have been on Luvox at different times. If you suffer from OCD, you should certainly give it a try if your pdoc is willing to give you an Rx.

The thing is, from what you've said, it's hard to figure out if it's OCD giving you problems. Your pdoc will be the most qualified to determine whether or not it will help your symptoms. 

PS - I didn't respond earlier because I didn't see the posting. Thanks for bumping it so that I could respond. I'm having lots of computer problems that I think will only be resolved by purchasing a new one. 

I dont come on very frequently but Luvox has been a life saver for me as far as OCD.  

However, there are several diagnoses that can cause repetitive thoughts, and if you think OCD is a concern than you should bring that up to your psychiatrist.  

If you are diagnosed with OCD and need help in that respect, then yes, it could be very helpful to try it out.

Well i don't drink coffee so I won't have to worry about that. :) I have been on Luvox 50 mg for a week now. I love it. I am happier and I don't have repetitive thoughts. I haven't experienced any side effects yet. I am supposed to increase to 100mg tonight but I don't think I am going to because I don't want to feel too good. 

• 1 month later...

I just started Luvox about a month ago for my OCD and I'm only on 100mg so far but I definitely see it helping already.  It's not helping my sleep very much yet but I didn't expect it to.  I am noticing a big decrease in appetite on it though.  I have to force myself to eat and nothing sounds good.  But that's not really a ig prolem yet as I had a little bit of weight I could afford to lose.

What dose of Luvox are you on? It can go quite high.

I found it helpful for obsessions and anxiety. I was switched to Lexapro (Cipralex in Canada). Luvox did make me a bit manic at higher doses.

I never really had any bad side effects. No appetite increase, weight gain, sexual side effects, etc. It worked quickly. I was on it for ages.

I prefer it over Lexapro, honestly. Lexapro is the new rage here though...  :rolleyes:

Good luck, keep us posted.

• 1 month later...