CrazyBoards.org

Velveteen Brain Tongs

Hello and Welcome to Crazyboards!

I also find Zyprexa very helpful and have heard a lot of good things about Latuda (including reduced side effects).

If you haven't already done so, please take a look at the User Agreement to ensure we're all on the same page.

Check out chat and our blog section.

Please don't hesitate to contact a staff member if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you.  I have stopped the Latuda because of Akithisia.  Haven't had any since yesterday early morning, but I still feel it.  The "medicated" feeling kind of surges every once in a while, especially after exercising.  Too bad because I really liked some of the effects and was hopeful about it.

Thank you.  I don't see my pdoc until Oct 7, but she did give me the OK to use my Ativan to help the akithisia, so I may give Latuda another chance.  I'm just worried that the ativan will stop working after a while.

The side effects of cogentin are not acceptable to me, and I found in the past that it didn't help with the anxiety/panic.  I tried Latuda in the morning, since the anxiety would keep me awake.  The akithisia hit in the afternoon and lasted for a few hours. 

I'm not sure how long the ativan will last, I have 1mg tablets.  The akithisia tends to start from 1 to 3 hours after taking the Latuda.  My brand of Akithisia is hellish.  I think some doctors confuse it with dyskinesia in terms of treatments.  Cogentin, and anticholergenics etc. seem to be more for unwanted movements than the inner anxiety/panic.