CrazyBoards.org

I was prescribed sq by a pulmonologist for insomnia. I wasn't told about any side effects or withdrawal symptoms. The dose I have been on for close to a year has been 100mg. I am wanting to stop and go to something else because of the side effects, emotional suppression, depressed, anxiety, you know the drill. I have gone cold turkey with the help of my psychiatrist who has prescribed 2mg lunesta to fill in the gap. This has not been effective, but, also, this will only be my third night of very little sleep. What other meds can fill the gap left by seroquel? I was taking, at times, up to 3mg of Xanax and I don't think, I want to be weaned of benzos again. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Trevor

That's a hard one. I'm on seroquel 200mg but have been on up to 800mg for psychosis. I can't seem to get off of it and still sleep. Plus at this lowered dose I am much more symptomatic than I was. I gained a lot of weight from the seroquel. That is why I want off of it. But if I cannot function without it I'm wondering if it is even worth it. I don't even really care anymore.

Does it make you tired and sluggish? Have you taken it during the day ever? Have you gained weight?

I know how rough it is to be without it. I take trazodone for sleep along with klonopin and the seroquel. Have you ever tried trazodone? It is an AD but it makes some people sleepy.

I just take it at night and just for sleep, I have gained about 30pounds due to constant sugar cravings. I took the recommended dose of lunesta the first night and stared at the ceiling. I increased it the second night to 3mg and went to sleep around 9. I woke up at 1230 and fell back asleep at 430. Last night I increased the dose to 4mg and had 2 very brief awakenings. So I am planning to talk to pay today to see about increasing the lunesta dose to 4 and seeing what happens. But I will also mention the trazodone, I don't think she would go the the klonopin. I know the klonopin is a benzo, is it as "addictive" as the Xanax? I don't mind about trazodone being an ad, I am on 20 Prozac and 200 wb.

Thanks

Ps. I love cheese :)