CrazyBoards.org

Does any here take naltrexone and adderall? I've never had a problem with opiates but I am in recovery. I take naltrexone to help with cravings for alcohol and to help with my eating disorder. I take adderall for my ADD, and I take it as prescribed.

I'm having a tooth extracted in preparation for a dental implant and the doctor is going to give me pain killers. I've gone off my naltrexone in advance so I can take the opiate based pain killers. I've been off it about 5 days now and have another 2 days to go before my surgery. I decided to go with the opiate based pain killers because I had an energency appendectomy a few years ago and they gave me Toradol for the first day, which did little to ease the pain, so I went off my naltrexone for 3 days so I could take opiate based pain killers. The opiate based pain killers really helped the pain. I had someone control the medication for me, and they flushed it down the toilet after my last dose. I never got a high from it or felt the urge to abuse it.

So I decided it would be safe to use the opiate based pain killers again for my tooth extraction since I'll only need them for a couple of days, and since I have someone to dole them out to me.

Here's my main question, since I've been off my naltrexone, I've noticed that I'm more tired. And I don't usually feel tired in the day because of the adderall. It's like the adderall isn't working as well without the naltrexone. I understand that naltrexone works on opiate receptors, but does it somehow affect the dopamine and norepinephrine that the adderall work on? Afterall, naltrexone is supposed to help with cravings for cocaine (dopamine,norepinephrine, and serotonin) and cravings for alcohol ( serotonin), so surely it must do more than simply block opiates, or in blocking the opiates it somehow impacts these other neurotransmitters. I can't find any research on this. Does anyone know of any? Has anyone ever experienced tiredness when going off their naltrexone while on adderall?

Thanks