CrazyBoards.org

The echoes and voices.  Medication helps me also (usually).  Anxiety does too, especially if it comes up all of a sudden.

Nope. My symptoms only induce blind fury. Then again I dont experience hallucinations.

Edited by konings

Is it even possible to have paranoia without the accompanying fear?

I can't imagine that. Because to be paranoid you have to believe others are watching or out to get you... in order to not be afraid I would have to trust in the back of my mind that they really aren't there. And does that meet the criteria for paranoia if you don't really believe it? *scratching head*

I can't imagine that. Because to be paranoid you have to believe others are watching or out to get you... in order to not be afraid I would have to trust in the back of my mind that they really aren't there. And does that meet the criteria for paranoia if you don't really believe it? *scratching head*

That is what I was thinking too.  I think fear just comes with the paranoia; I can't think of a situation where it would be separate, unless I believed someone was out to get me, and I actually wanted to be gotten; like I dared the "person/people" to come and get me.  If that makes sense.

That is what I was thinking too.  I think fear just comes with the paranoia; I can't think of a situation where it would be separate, unless I believed someone was out to get me, and I actually wanted to be gotten; like I dared the "person/people" to come and get me.  If that makes sense.

Maybe if you had paranoia combined with delusions of grandeur about how much of a bad ass you were, then the fear from the idea that there were forces out to get you would be canceled out by you belief that you could use your superhuman abilities to combat them.  But that seems like it would be a pretty specific, rare case.  Normally, I'm just really worried and nervous and have anxiety through the roof when my paranoia kicks in.  

When I am doing well I have residual paranoia but I can deal with it because of meds/being well.  So while I still think things like people are talking about me or people are out to get me, I guess because of the meds and everything it just doesn't phase me.  I can relax my mind and not let it bother me.  This is only on good days though.  So basically I think you can have mild paranoia symptoms without necessarily feeling lots of fear.  For me it's when the paranoia becomes my reality when I get lots of fear and anxiety.

Sometimes my worst fear is when I'm not symptomatic I get ready for the next round of symptoms to arrive and they do, I only rate my symptoms by the last time because I cant remember the time before the last time so its always this time is not as bad as the last or worse than the last time I lose it.

Maybe if you had paranoia combined with delusions of grandeur about how much of a bad ass you were, then the fear from the idea that there were forces out to get you would be canceled out by you belief that you could use your superhuman abilities to combat them.  But that seems like it would be a pretty specific, rare case.  Normally, I'm just really worried and nervous and have anxiety through the roof when my paranoia kicks in.  

I see you are implying thats me.

The way I see it when Im psychotic, people are constantly influencing me badly or infleuncing the world badly, but I know it is not yet evident, but it will be one day. Thats why I want to act against them by doing something bad, thats the result of the anger stemming from "knowing" this bad influence is spreading. You see now paranoia can be quite different for different people.