CrazyBoards.org

Do I have a personality disorder or am I just evil?

Currently I take a bunch of meds for who knows what. The doctors say I have bipolar II and schizoid personality disorder but I don't really believe them. Sometimes I'm my normal self, which is kind of laid back, tired, lazy, and cynical. Then I have my other self, which is just pure evil. An example of this was the other day. I found a bottle of expired diet pills that were banned in like 1998. They were my dads, and I told him I found them, and was going to sell them to people, which obviously scared the shit out of him. And the whole night I kept telling him I already overdosed just to mess with him. I spent the next few days making my parents lives a living hell just for the pure enjoyment of it. Then I went back to my normal, tired, cynical, boring self. I know it wasn't a psychotic break, because I was completely lucid and thinking extremely clearly the whole time. So, am I just an asshole, evil, or do I have a personality disorder?

Being "evil" does not suggest having a personality disorder.  People with personality disorders are not evil.  It's not the same thing.

Go talk to your doctor.

The thing is, my doctor doesn't listen. I can't go to a new doctor because all the other doctors within a 200 mile radius don't accept my insurance. And, I wasn't saying that all people with personality disorders are evil, I'm just wondering if cycling between a state of quasi-normality and complete and utter insanity is a trait of a personality disorder.

Have to reiterate here, no-one can diagnose you here, none of us are doctors.  You have diagnoses but that doesn't have any bearing on your personality. 

Why would you mess with your parents the way you did? Is it fun? Or do you have issues with them? I have issues with mine and I have been too nice to them thus far.  I DO have a personality disorder - this doesn't mean I am a bad person btw, it means I have just another mental illness that affects my ability to function as a person. 

You really need to talk to a qualified therapist or doctor.  Bottom line.

Best of luck.

Nope !   not evil  ...   evil is a fiction; and even if it were real the behaviour that you indulged in

was just too petty and boring to qualify.                         By all means run this past your pdoc if you

think that you can overcome the embarrassment.

Total childish, assholish behavior. No idea what else that means. A couple words on the Internet isn't enough for anyone to form a meaningful opinion. However, I think you are already diagnosed with a personality disorder. I also think that a lot of teens lash out at mom and dad. You may grow out of it like most kids do. If not, grow up to be an asshole or deal with it. After all and for the most part, you choose the type of adult you want to be. MI is not a cop out on responsibility.

Edited by AnneMarie

You sound like me, OP, but I only do that sort of stuff to people on the internet where they can't find me, and through text because as far as I know, that's not against the law in the United States. It's a lot safer and doesn't involve people who provide for me ceasing their support. You might look into that. "Sure, sure, you're just a wuss who's afraid of a little trouble" I prefer "aware of the consequences", thank you very much.

Zackli, what do you get out of abusing people over the internet? Anonymity and all that, but IP addresses, and bullying is crap behaviour no matter where you do it. I don't know how you're okay for making other people feel bad, even if you know they can't 'find' you.

Don't encourage OP to start being a dick to people on the internet.

You sound like me, OP, but I only do that sort of stuff to people on the internet where they can't find me, and through text because as far as I know, that's not against the law in the United States. It's a lot safer and doesn't involve people who provide for me ceasing their support. You might look into that. "Sure, sure, you're just a wuss who's afraid of a little trouble" I prefer "aware of the consequences", thank you very much.

Nah, this still makes you a pathetic coward in this respect, anyway. This is blind selfishness at its finest. I don't know another thing about you other than this, so I'm not going to attack your entire personality, but this particular aspect is utterly rotten. 

AFRAID of the consequences. This is a way for you to be a dick and never have to own up to it. In this aspect, you lack integrity entirely. 

You do something that hurts other people because it won't come back to you. That's cowardly as shit. You think you have nothing to lose, huh? People on the internet are still real people, believe it or not. 

And you'd want someone doing this shit to you, I suppose, right? 

You are a fucking selfish COWARD. You won't allow it to get back to you so you don't have to deal with consequences. Try and take a look at just what the fuck you are doing. 

No one should be treated like this, online, in person, never.

To answer the OP's question- I have no fucking clue what's wrong with you. Try and stop that shit. Try HARD. 

The vast majority of people are neither all good or all bad. Well, NO ONE is all GOOD anyway. I believe all bad people exist, but that is a very tiny minority. If you feel remorse for this at all and want to stop, yeah, go talk to someone as soon as you can. If you don't want to stop, nothing is going to make you. Nothing I or anyone else can say. It'll get back to you and either you won't care or you'll learn.

Naw, I think that it's awesome that you came here straight to announce that you're a troll. That takes out the guesswork lol :)

Hahahahaha.

Also, OP, people that are actually evil don't sit around wondering if they are.  They usually don't care. 

Personality disorders don't justify behaving badly.  If you want an "excuse" for acting the way you do, then I think you've come to the wrong place.  

Nah, this still makes you a pathetic coward in this respect, anyway. This is blind selfishness at its finest. I don't know another thing about you other than this, so I'm not going to attack your entire personality, but this particular aspect is utterly rotten. 

Well, thank you for those kind words. I don't feel bad for any of it, and wouldn't feel bad about doing it more. I'm not going to do it here, however, and will remain as respectful as possible for the duration of my stay. I haven't been diagnosed with anything (because I don't want to deal with the implications of said diagnosis) but my googling ability tells me I have a lot of ASPD traits.

Take that as you will. Just know that for the duration of my stay, I will be civil. Who knows, I may just write up a forum post on it.

Zackli, what do you get out of abusing people over the internet? Anonymity and all that, but IP addresses, and bullying is crap behaviour no matter where you do it. I don't know how you're okay for making other people feel bad, even if you know they can't 'find' you.

Don't encourage OP to start being a dick to people on the internet.

It's mostly something I do for fun. I don't do it as much anymore, because I've found other outlets for my time. I get bored quite easily, you see. I'm not against the OP being a dick to people on the internet, and if someone wanted to find me bad enough, I use my first and last name and actual city of residence on the site in which I spent my time trolling. Most people don't have the utter lack of regard for consequences/funds to take a trip to another state or even country just to show some a-hole on the internet why it isn't okay to be an a-hole on the internet.

zackli, I think most people here would argue you should have some kind of empathy for the person behind the computer anyway regardless of whether or not there are real consequences.

But ...  some people don't have that empathy.  You came here and said you didn't have that empathy.  I want to let you know that it's very hard to give support to someone who's undermining the structure which supports everyone else, and so people without empathy, ironically, pretty quickly get hostile reactions from our other members.  Just something to keep in mind.

zackli, I think most people here would argue you should have some kind of empathy for the person behind the computer anyway regardless of whether or not there are real consequences.

But ...  some people don't have that empathy.  You came here and said you didn't have that empathy.  I want to let you know that it's very hard to give support to someone who's undermining the structure which supports everyone else, and so people without empathy, ironically, pretty quickly get hostile reactions from our other members.  Just something to keep in mind.

Hello,

You're right. I did come here. I don't claim to need support to begin with. I came here because it seemed, initially anyway, that it was a cool forum (the titles drew me in). After having spent time here, however, it is clear that people here are no different than anywhere else, if a little bit more prone to talking about family/school/life issues. I don't find it ironic that someone who is unable or unwilling to relate to other peoples' issues would be quick to get hostile reactions... Indeed it would be expected on a place people go to get support for their problems.

Well, I still find it ironic that people who HASN'T been diagnosed as having 'empathy problems' flat out will attack someone who has been, you know?  Who probably came here needing some kind of support, even if it's just to hang out and talk about things with people who might understand a little better than your average every day slob.

In my opinion, if we can't handle someone who's polite but different, and instead of managing our own behavior--we attack-- ...  then I think we don't deserve to assume we DO have empathy, or compassion, or respect for others.  

But that's just my opinion.  I'm certainly not speaking for the other moderators/admins or the other users of CB on this one; it's all my own thought garbles.