CrazyBoards.org

Hey there folks! I think I finally found my people.

Hey all,

This seems like a great community and I'm glad I've found it!  Thought I'd introduce myself, so here goes!

I've had issues with anxiety/depression since age 13.  I stopped going to school and after many misdiagnoses (my anxiety manifested in stomach pain), they put me on Celexa.  The issues stopped enough for me to go back to school, and that was that.  I spent the next 11 years taking Celexa mainly out of habit and because when I didn't take it, the withdrawals SUCKED.  Eventually, I thought to myself, maybe I don't need this at all!  I never feel any different on it, and thought anxiety was normal.  So, I weaned myself off it (with great difficulty).  Couple of months later, I was the most depressed I had ever been.  Something was wrong.

So, went to a new pdoc (reluctantly), and tried CBT alone for a while.  Nothing.  So, I agreed to try Zoloft (as I was scared of citalopram after the withdrawals) which I tried for a few months with no success.  After that, lexapro, then Cymbalta, then a random OCD diagnosis and Luvox, and now, finally, GAD with buspirone, risperidone, and seroquel.  I've been on these almost three weeks (save for the seroquel which I wasn't able to get until today).  Nothing so far, maybe even increased anxiety and thoughts of bad things happening and feeling like something is wrong.  It may not be long enough to tell, so I'll give them a shot.

I hate feeling like a crazy person with no answers as to what's wrong with me, but I'm glad I found you guys to talk to!

Welcome to the borg! :D

I hope you find us good company.

When you have a moment, make sure you read "the rules" down in the right hand corner... otherwise the nipple clamps won't make much sense.

Welcome to the borg! :D

I hope you find us good company.

When you have a moment,

make sure you read "the rules" down in the right hand corner... otherwise the nipple clamps won't make much sense.

Haha yep just looked through them.  You guys have a refreshing sense of humor.

Welcome to Crazyboards.  I know that it's very frustrating to try one med after another, but I hope you stick with it and don't give up.  They can give you your life back if you find the right ones.

In the meantime, you have found your people so join in and vent away.  Be sure to check out the blogs and chat, also.

olga