CrazyBoards.org

Are they not working? seroquel + pristiq

First off, I'm in a shitty situation. My husband quit his job, we got evicted by my parents, and now we're living with my inlaws and he's been out of work since May. So I understand that's a lot of stress on me. But my question is, should my meds be doing more?  I've gotten so much angrier since we moved here. We fight all the time. I scream at him like a psychopath. I fight with everyone I know. I was bad before, but now its like there was a switch that got flipped, or the floodgates were opened and now I've got so much aggression and anger, along with being depressed as hell. I barely talk to people, but when I do it's usually to pick a fight. 

i know its silly to ask other people to tell me if my meds are working, but you don't understand. I never know what to tell the dr when he acts how my meds are working for me. I'm always depressed. Life always sucks. I never feel like anything works.  My husband says, well they must be working because you left the house! That doesn't mean anything. 

i guess I'm just asking for feedback from those who might have gone through something similar. Should I be expecting more from my meds? Or is it just me?   Oh and I was going to therapy, but I can't afford it anymore. I go to group once a month at the mental clinic. 

I'm not trying to sound condescending, but could your anger be stemming from your current situation? Why did your hubby quit his job? Is he looking for a new one or is he receiving unemployment? Are you looking for a job?

Again, I am not trying to sound condescending, merely expressing my point of view with you.

Meds will help the symptoms to a degree, but sometimes environmental factors can cause or contribute to severity of symptoms. That's why people usually take meds as well as go to some form of therapy.

Edited by surreal

Yeah, it probably has more to do with the situation. It's just...getting out of control.  My husband is not receiving unemployment as he just quit one day. And he's only just started looking for a job in the last week. I'm not looking for a job because just thinking about it makes me get clammy and panicky. My anxiety and Borderline issues make it pretty difficult for me to work. 

Yeah, it probably has more to do with the situation. It's just...getting out of control.  My husband is not receiving unemployment as he just quit one day. And he's only just started looking for a job in the last week. I'm not looking for a job because just thinking about it makes me get clammy and panicky. My anxiety and Borderline issues make it pretty difficult for me to work. 

I was in situation back in April where I literally called my job and quit one day because I literally could not handle it any longer. I told them I quit due to "health reasons" and because of this, I was approved for unemployment compensation even though I was the one who quit. I know the rules vary by state but it might be worth looking into.

I completely understand it when you talk about the anxiety and panic of a job. Thankfully, I found another job back in July but the cycle is starting again to where I can barely take it anymore. I've had 5 jobs since 2010. I was fired at one of them my second day on because I had a hysterical crying fit and was sent home 2 hours into the shift.

Any way, I really hope you can find some relief with your situation and your medications. I know how hard it is. Just try to keep moving forward (harder said than done, I know).

Edited by surreal