CrazyBoards.org

Lost My Vyvanse

Ok, I called my pdoc's office to refill my vyvanse. They have a policy that I have to call it in 5 days early, so I did. Well, I had both bottles in my room. The old one with a few pills left and the new one. 

I go to a day program and I have to leave early in the morning, so, I am still kind of dazed from my seroquel the previous night. So, in the morning, I don't think about things, I just do them. I am starting to wonder if I brought my whole bottle, the new one, to my day program and I guess I could have dropped it there. Or worse, what if someone stole it?????!! 

I have looked literally EVERYWHERE in my room for the bottle of vyvanse. I have searched my car and the cars that my parents drive. I have even checked the kitchen, living room, bathroom, etc. I have not found it. I have checked every possible place numerous times over and over again. 

I don't know what to do. I am freaked out. I am also really angry. How could I be such an idiot??? How the hell does one lose their meds? Even worse, now everyone at my day program is a suspect. Either my counselor took it as payback for me cussing at her and being rude to her, or some dumbass(to put it even remotely nicely), took my vyvanse and either used it, abused it, or made a few hundred dollars off of it. I have to go to my program tomorrow. All I can think about it waiting to beat the crap out of people there. 

Anyways, have any of you lost your stimulant meds? If so, what have you done to solve the problem? Should I call my doctor tomorrow? I am a bit scared to do so. She will think that I am an addict or something. I am so upset right now. It has brought me so much distress. 

I've lost stimulants before. I've also lost pain pills. I had no problem at all getting a new Rx for both. The thing is, they'll check your chart and find out that you aren't regularly calling in for more meds. At least that's what they did for me. I never lose my meds. Well, almost never. That's why they didn't mind giving me more. If you have insurance for you meds the pharmacy may have to call before you can get more. 

I have a problem with not filling my script on time and then it expiring. So I often need a new Concerta script a month early. So far, pdocs haven't had a problem with that. 

It's very common for people with ADHD to lose things, so I think losing your meds or prescriptions occasionally isn't necessarily going to make them suspicious.

I just wanted to say that misplacing meds has happened to me.   They always turn up.   *Like on top of the fridge on got knocked on the floor.    It can be really upsetting but don't think this is just you.   *And yes, do call the doctors office.  As long as your not on the radar for doing this type of thing I think you will be ok.